MS Outlook 2010 error

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by drago654, Jul 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drago654

drago654 Registered Member

Installed today ESET Smart Security 4.2.58.3 (64) on Windows 7 (64).
    On first start of MS Outlook 2010 (64), ESET generated error message:
    "Error starting antispam engine[12]"
    It does not look integrated in MS outlook 2010.
    o_O

2. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

It works fine with 32 bit Outlook 2010. I don't believe that I have seen a vendor yet that says they will support 64 bit Outlook this year. Actually I am grateful for the 32 bit support, not much of anyone else supporting that yet.

3. HealingStargate

HealingStargate Registered Member

I am using XP32sp3 and several times I have gotten the error message as to the 'antispam module' not loading properly. That message only happened a few times and it is integrated here as 'spam messages' do go into the proper folder even if that error message did come up.

KOR-

4. xxJackxx

Do you have Outlook 2010 as well? I'm not having any problems on Windows 7 x64. I did a clean install. Did you or was it an upgrade over an older version of ESS?

5. HealingStargate

Yes, I have Outlook 2010. I did an upgrade 'over' the last version of ESS and it all went in perfectly. I have had no problems with this latest version 4.2.58.3.

The only glitch I have found is that when I click a link from an email, Outlook gives me a message that it can not find the URL, however it does still connect to the link even with that 'can not find' message.

That is a bit annoying but I can live with it. It probably is an Outlook setting that I can figure out in time.

KOR-

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  6. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

Not true, I'm running Outlook x64 and NOD32 integrated successfully.

7. xxJackxx

NOD32 or ESS? I would be greatly surprised if the Anti Spam worked in 64 bit Outlook, but it would give them a great competitive advantage if it did. If you were just talking about the AntiVirus portion then I would be less surprised it worked.

8. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

Sorry, I mean Eset Smart Security ;) And yes, Antispam works :thumb:

9. xxJackxx

The AntiSpam works with 64 bit Outlook? That's great! :thumb:

10. cool1007

cool1007 Registered Member

After installing Outlook 2010 and upgrading ESET Smart Security to the latest version 4.2.58.3 with add-in support, I started having this pop3 error (0x80042108 ) and now I cant receive email.

Any ideas if it's caused by ESET or an actual outlook 2010 problem? I'm not actually sure since I never tested downloading email before upgrading ESET.

Hope you can help.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2010
  11. IcePanther

IcePanther Registered Member

cool1007, it may be a firewall authorization error. Did you allow the connection ? It seems when this error code appears, it's a connection problem.

Also, I wanted to state the anti-spam seems to work here on Outlook 2010 x64 (Win 7 x64). And yes, not many security suites have such compatibility.

12. siersema

siersema Registered Member

Have you right mouse clicked on Deleted Items and then select Empty Folder. Try same for Junk E-mail folder. It crashes Outlook 2010.

13. HealingStargate

As my system XP32, I have no problem right clicking on deleted items. NO crash for me.
    KOR-

14. cool1007

cool1007 Registered Member

Actually, and sorry for the late reply, but I have been sick for a couple of weeks away from my computer, it turned out the problem was on the domain name for the e-mail accounts was expiring the same day I updated Outlook and ESET, imagine the odds. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.