MRU scan in plug-ins

Discussion in 'MRU Blaster Forum' started by Dave, Jan 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave

Dave Registered Member

I'm using this great tool, but when I check my cache to see if it has been cleaned as was set up in the plug-in settings I find that there has been no change even though the MRU tool says last scan done etc. It is set for every 2 minutes by the way. Also while I am here why is it that sometimes I cannot edit my posts and the site keeps saying repeatedly 'not logged in' when I am? o_O

2. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Dave - Unless I'm badly mistaken, the cache only gets cleared upon re-start - not while you're running (only the MRU's get done every two minutes or whatever). Pete

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

If you set the cache to be cleared on clean, MRU-Blaster should delete the Internet Explorer Temporary Internet Files at the interval you have it set to run with the Scheduler.

However, depending on your version of Windows, you may still see items in the folder - simply because Windows seems to show objects pointed to in the index.dat file. When the index.dat file is cleaned (on reboot), everything should disappear.

Could you double-check to see if, after a reboot, items are still in your Temporary Internet Files? Also, could you then check to make sure the plug-in settings were saved correctly? TIA.

Best regards,

-Javacool

P.S. I forgot to mention - every two minutes is probably TOO often if you have IE Temporary Internet Files cleaning enabled (especially if you've enabled secure file deletion). Without the plug-ins, this would be fine, as cleaning registry MRUs is incredibly fast (mere seconds) - however securely deleting the Temporary Internet Files can take a long time (especially if there are already a large number of files there). My suggestion would be to change the interval to perhaps 10 minutes if you have that plug-in enabled.

Also, could you try pressing the "Save + Run" button on the IE Temporary Internet File screen in MRU-Blaster? Then, watch for a progress bar as it cleans - if this works, and it takes a fairly long time, the problem may simply be the short scanning interval.

4. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

There I go - badly mistaken again! :) Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.