MRU - Blaster Questions

Discussion in 'MRU Blaster Forum' started by DDRABBIT, May 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DDRABBIT

DDRABBIT Registered Member

Excuse me I'm New- Can or does "MRU - Blaster" clean or better still, allow one to Edit the SEARCH (MRU) field in KaZaALiTe ? Thanks!

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

MRU-Blaster should clear this MRU, yes. I haven't tested it with the newest version of KaZaA-Lite/KaZaA, but as far as I know nothing should have changed. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Don't know whether or not MRU-B clears the Kazaa mru or not, but I do know that all that information is still contained in one of four Kazaa files found in a folder called "db" within Kazaa -
    data256.dbb
    data1024.dbb
    data4096.dbb
    np.tmp

Looking in any of those four files using something like TextView is a very educating experience. (And also why they get nuked with Eraser after each Kazaa use). Pete

4. DDRABBIT

DDRABBIT Registered Member

I started with KaZaA, migrated to DietKazaa & now KazaaLite 2.1.0 which I like alot but wish it still had the AntiVirus feature as I've gotten 3 "Kazaa bred trogans" this year. Lite does have the 4 files you listed but I haven't found the ERASER, maybe it was an AddOn I missed o_O I will also try the Viewer! Thanks, Steve

5. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

6. zlska

zlska Guest

PS: I'm not sure, however, if the Kazaa Lite mentioned above uses a secure deletion method for the search field entries, like MRU-Blaster probably does.

7. Philidor

Philidor Registered Member

8. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Steve, the AV function is still there (I don't use it myself - I scan with lots of other stuff).

In KL, you go to the Tools/Options/"Traffic" tab. Look down at the bottom and you'll see a box in front of "Disable scanning of shared files for viruses".

Having a checkmark in there shuts off "Bullguard" - it won't update or scan d/l's.

Check yours and see if that's the way it looks. If so, click in the box to remove the checkmark, click "Apply", then close and re-open KL for the change to take effect. When KL re-opens, BullGuard will start d/l'ing updates and then scanning.

Interesting thought though, is BullGuard still a feature in the standard Kazaa? Because if it isn't, using that feature in KL is a sure marker that you're using KL - think about that. HTH Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.