MRU-Blaster cookie plug-in registry change

Discussion in 'MRU Blaster Forum' started by polle, Jul 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. polle

polle Registered Member

Ad-watch of Lavasoft detects at every boot that MRU-Blaster is trying to change the registry when the cookie plug-in is active. The result is, hat I can’t turn on the auto-blocking feature of Ad-watch – please see the attached Ad-watch snapshot. Does MRU-Blaster really have to make this registry change at every boot or could it be done only once during MRU-Blaster installation?

Kind regards,
    polle :)

Attached Files:

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi polle,

Have you tried this:
    http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=4046 ?

Regards,

Pieter

3. polle

polle Registered Member

Hi Pieter,

yes, that’s exactly what I did, but only allowed processes will be added to the Ad-watch Filters list.
    Registry changes are not added to the Ad-watch Filters list. That’s the reason why the Ad-watch confirmation window pops up everytime I boot. Now I can make a change-enhancement request to Lavasoft, but does MRU-Blaster really have to make the change at every boot? Why isn’t it simply added once during installation to the Autostart section?

By the way, I attached a snapshot of the Ad-watch window with the opening of this topic. However when I click on the appropriate link all I get is a new empty browser screen. Is this a problem only on my PC or is it a problem general to the board?

thanks,
    polle

4. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi polle,

I can only answer the last part (I think).
    I didn't see your image either, until I unchecked "block listed images" in AdShield. o_O

Regards,

Pieter

5. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hi polle,

My understanding is the only way to delete your index.dat files properly is on a reboot. So everytime you wipe cookies and the index.dat files that go with them, MRUBlaster has to write this to the registry in order to delete these files. It is a "Run Once" key, so it has to be written each time.

Hope I made at least a litle bit of sense..... ;)

Regards,
    Kent

6. polle

polle Registered Member

Ok, thanks, guys.

Now just a test, I'm adding the image once more with the name changed from 'Ad-watch.jpg' to 'watch.jpg' . It must be the 'Ad' in the name that's causing my Ad-blocking to react. :)

Attached Files:

7. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

polle,

I have no problems with either of your images showing here....

Regards,
    Kent

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.