MRG Project 32

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by BoerenkoolMetWorst, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Comparative Efficacy Assessment of Wontok SafeCentral
    They compare this new product to some others against the simulators used in the Online Banking test and some new ones:
    http://www.mrg-effitas.com/current-tests/

2. 1000db

1000db Registered Member

Never even heard of Wontok.:doubt:

3. 1000db

1000db Registered Member

Wontok doesn't seem to be compatible with any of the updated versions of FF, IE, or Chrome.

4. fax

fax Registered Member

A pity that they did not compare it with other banking protection. Isolated browsing in Kaspersky, Avast, BitDefender, Gdata, Comodo would have passed their new browser extensions attacks. Probably the results by Wontok would have looked less impressive. :D

5. fax

fax Registered Member

and to be a bit more informative. Here is the list:
    http://support.wontok.com/index.php?prd=20074328&cat=21339747

and no support for windows 8

6. guest

guest Guest

Which extension?
    Comodo hasnt got special environment for banking protection, (Kaspersky has safepay, Gdata has bankguard,... But comodo hasnt got any special tools for banking) or i dont know.

7. fax

fax Registered Member

8. guest

guest Guest

Ok. CIS VK is different than all others. It is not special design for financial transactions.
    I think, Isolated environment cant protect against Financial malware. Malware can do what it want inside virt. env.
    CIS HIPS doesnt protect if malware is running Fully virtualized, AV also.

9. fax

fax Registered Member

Well, the help link posted above seems to clearly refer to banking and shopping. Or financial transactions is only meant while at wall street in trading stocks? :D

Then if you don't agree on what they say its another story... and actually very much OFF TOPIC to the current thread. ;)

10. Dark Star 72

Dark Star 72 Registered Member

Sorry if I appear rude but that seems to be an utterly stupid remark to make.
    How could you possibly know that they would pass - unless you have some inside information that is not available to others.
    You can assume they would have passed and they may have done so had they been tested but to say they would have done so when they were not tested is silly - we simply do not know at this time.

11. fax

fax Registered Member

Yes, its an assumption based on the fact that the mentioned security tools do not allow alien extensions to run within the browser (like Trusteer).
    A simple deduction. Of course I cannot be 100% sure. :)

12. guest

guest Guest

Where did you find it?
    From Comodo;

http://help.comodo.com/topic-72-1-451-4738-the--virtual-kiosk.html

Virtual Keyboard is not enought for banking.
    You can browse internet without fear because your host system will not infected if malware run under vk. This is not security! Because malware is running and it can leak everything

Yes there is, no need more conversation about this ;)

13. fax

fax Registered Member

Exactly :D

14. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

It seems that it was independent first, and then acquired by Wontok.
    I'm not sure if this is the case, but I find it happens more often that articles about supported browser and OS versions are outdated and show incorrect information. I checked it out in a VM, but it's still on IE9.

Screens:
    Tray icon and taskbar button(during installation, it asks if you want the button)
    SC1.png
    Warning to move into secure desktop when visiting banking site
    SC3.png
    Moving into SafeCentral
    SC2.png
    SafeCentral with hardened version of Firefox(About shows v13.0.1)
    SC4.png
    Settings
    SC5.png

When switching back to the normal desktop(leaving securedesktop and browser running) and checking task manager it uses 8 processes:authpluginserver.ex (1.780K), authupdaterservice.exe(2.184K), firefox.exe(43.300K), safecentralloader.exe(1.844K), securedesktop.exe(10.948K), SHSrv.exe(1.216K), SHUIDetectSrv.exe(592K) and updater.exe(5.908K)
    Oh, during installation it installs Java, and worse v6 update 34 which is about a year old.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.