MRG - new test results

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Dark Star 72, Apr 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ALiasEX

ALiasEX Registered Member

Did you read this? http://forums.malwareresearchgroup.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=390&p=1408#p1408

If that really is how it went down then all onus is on Comodo, in my opinion.

2. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Another big mess for Comodo :rolleyes:

Though, i like their software :)

3. chennemann

chennemann Registered Member

I did read MRG side. Even if one side is 100% right, they are both hurting their image IMHO.

Both want respect from the general public. It seems to me they care more about who is right instead of helping improve their product. It reminds me of two kids fighting over something really minor, just to prove their point.

Most professional companies that I have been associated with would not be involved in small issues like this. They would state their point and say how they are going to improve.

I really hope both companies continue improve.

Chuck

4. ALiasEX

ALiasEX Registered Member

I have read more at the Comodo forum. I have to agree "It reminds me of two kids fighting over something really minor, just to prove their point." (I was probably involved with something similar the other day, though.)

Melih of Comodo is by far the most childish, in my opinion.

5. CJsDad

CJsDad Registered Member

The problem with this scenario is where it's all taking place, at the Comodo forums.
    Technically its Melih's place where he can do and say what he wants with no retributions, who is going to stop him from posting or close the thread? Any mod over there going to step in and say "O.k. enough this thread is closed"? What they seem to be doing is acting like the loyal followers that they are and letting that childish, immature, thread run it's course.
    If that thread was to start say here or another security forum it would have already been locked.

6. adik1337

adik1337 Registered Member

I don't care about what Melih says ... I proven it myself ...sorry Comodo fanboys but for real, Comodo sucks bigtime!

7. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Now why would you say such things. Comodo doesn't "suck bigtime" as you say. I'm not a fanboy of comodo either. I like what they are doing and its unfortunate that some people are making it look bad. If you do have some solid proof as to why its 'sucks" please let me know.

8. adik1337

adik1337 Registered Member

start reading from page 1 :isay:

9. kjdemuth

I have been reading since the thread started. You still haven't given me a concrete answer as to why, in your very small knowledge, that comodo "sucks". Clearly you haven't been around for the discussions of why you can't judge a piece of software on one test. If that was the case then Online Armor sucks too. I would think that alot of people would disagree with that. So please don't throw around comments loosely.

10. Noob

Noob Registered Member

You know some people just hate things :p

And i'm not a exception, but not in the security world, for me here everyone has a chance :D

11. sded

sded Registered Member

12. kjdemuth

Thanks noob,
    I hate to lash out at people but come on....
    I'm a die hard a-squared fan and it didn't start trashing it when MRG test had it missing 945 wild results. I've used comodo firewall in ver 3 and it was great. I would use it again, even though these tests say otherwise.

13. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

Guys cool down, you guys are creating Global Warming here !!:D

14. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Removed several Off Topic posts. If personal attacks continue, this thread will be closed!

JR

15. AvinashR

Here he steeped in !!

Thanks JR. BTW i don't know why you guys getting so much personal on just a test results? We should take every tests positively. I never take these test seriously, every security product or company can't be 100% right all the time. Always take every test in a positive manner. Why bashing all the time?

Grow up guys !!:D

16. Narxis

Narxis Registered Member

The problem is not the test, the problem is how the guys at comodo react to the test.

I think Comodo is still a great free product, but they should do less whining...

17. kjdemuth

I wasn't bashing anyone. I was defending myself from a personal attack. There is no reason for someone to be coming here and throwing around inaccurate comments. If you can back up your comments with answers then yes by all means comment. To start talking jive and not being able to give someone some reasons in childish.

18. AvinashR

o_O o_O o_O

Saying all to me? :(

I am sorry if i did a mistake....:oops:

19. kjdemuth

No just commenting in general. I don't want people thinking that I go around causing problems. I like to think that I do contribute positivly to the forum.

20. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

Sveta, thank you and this should be interesting read!! *puppy*

21. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

I can give you several reason why Comodo and Melih suck decieves and cheats folks and show you several threads why! but they have been posted over and over again..just look at the first thread in 'time out room'
    bottom of wilders forum!! just for starters

22. kjdemuth

Yes I should be very interesting. I had followed one of the links to the comodo forums. Apparently there are 2 mods that were leaving. They sited that comodo wasn't responsive to when they pointed out bugs. They also said that the realeased version that they knew were flawed.

23. kjdemuth

Yeah I noticed that too. Decieves is a better way of describing it. Its too bad that they choose to be that way. CIS is a good piece of software. It could be great if it were developed properly.

24. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

eXPerience dude actually wins
    in this, he is free to help others with better
    morals and better softwares! I am sure there is not a forum around
    that would not welcome him!!

25. kjdemuth

Maybe he will find his way over here. Its too bad that they treated him like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.