MPAA threatens to disconnect Google from the Internet

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by CiX, Feb 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CiX

CiX Registered Member

Article

LOL, MPAA is going to disconnect the Internet :D

2. rpsgc

rpsgc Registered Member

Oh, they can threaten all they want, doing it is a whole different matter :D

3. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

hahahahahahahahahahahaha google?? i really dont think they realize what they are in for if they go ahead with this.. imo google will tromp them in court. so far the majority of even the file sharing cases have been being thrown out and they tried suing rapidshare and lost now they are going after hotfile and megaupload and im sure will loose those also.

im waiting to read about anon hitting them and the riaa next. not that i condone it but with all the garbage these two try to pull i can just see it coming..

4. Night_Raven

Night_Raven Registered Member

I don't like Google and I hate MPAA so a part of me wants Google to take it to court and destroy MPAA. However I also don't think this would actually happen. Essentially, both Google and MPAA are on the same side so I don't see this situation developing into something more. My guess would be that they will talk with eachother privately and settle the matter.
    Neither MPAA, nor Google are stupid and they know they can't take down eachother just like that, as they are both giants. Google is a ginormous company, true, but the six largest media companies in the world are behind MPAA: The Walt Disney Company, Sony, NewsCorp, TimeWarner, Viacom and NBC Universal.
    So I sincerely doubt the conflict will escalate any further.

5. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Google is not the internet...
    Though they would like to believe you they are..

Lol, some relatives of mine use google for almost everything, for example, when they want to go to 123.com, instead of typing 123.com in the URL bar, they search 123.com in Google o_O I tried to explain that typing it in the URL bar gets them there directly but they don't understand or care.

Yes, though it would be nice to seem them ruin each other :ninja: :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.