Mozilla Firefox

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Hadron, Aug 27, 2016.

1. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Pretty much my understanding. I think it was mostly done to stop antivirus vendors from making the browser unstable with their modules.

2. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Yes this is my point, so before you can actually block this DLL, it should first be loaded, which means it's indeed not really a good anti-malware protection method. For example, a banking trojan could plunder your account and after the damage is done you could block it from loading once again in browser memory. But now that I think of it, if it can block HMPA's DLL, it might as well be designed to block untrusted DLL's in real time? Because apparently it does have the technical capabilty to do this, even from an advanced tool like HMPA.

3. zmechys

zmechys Registered Member

Just a question.

If I am using a VPN app that "Encrypts your communications and website traffic for your security and privacy," how important is to have that Secure (encrypted) SNI?

4. 1PW

1PW Registered Member

Last edited: Dec 25, 2023
  5. zmechys

zmechys Registered Member

To summarize it.
    With a (good) VPN everything is encrypted; therefore, you don't need that encrypted SNI, unless...
    Unless, you can't trust your VPN.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.