... Mozilla/Firefox protection & limited user ...

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by AntiSerious, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AntiSerious

AntiSerious Registered Member

... I've noticed this with the last 3 versions of SWB ... I run as limited user most of the time (XP Pro SP2), as such SWB updates fine but the 'Mozilla/Firefox protection', while enabled, never seems to fully load ... if I 'run as', all items enable fine, but I wonder if I'm actually protected as limited user, because when I then open SWB under the limited user I see the same glitch ... is this just a GUI display hang, or have those items truly not enabled ? ... and if enabled as admin, does protection cover ALL users ? ...

... I hope the gif attaches ... thanks in advance ...

Attached Files:

• swb.gif
      swb.gif
      File size:
      6.3 KB
      Views:
  2. AntiSerious

... now I remember why I don't come here more often ... sorry for the intrusion ...

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Sorry about the delay.

This is on my list of things to take a look at - I should have a response for you soon. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

I've done quite a bit of testing, and I can't seem to duplicate this issue.

Do you have any custom Mozilla/Firefox settings that might be unusual?

Thanks,

-Javacool

5. AntiSerious

... sorry Javacool, I know you've been busy with new version releases, I didn't mean to take a shot at you ... I didn't realize you were the only one interested in/capable of responding to this, guess I'm just spoiled by my other forum ... I'm not aware of any unusual Mo/Fox settings, but I did have a bit of an adventure setting up the limited account in the first place ... if I knew that Admin settings applied to all accounts I wouldn't be so concerned, as it is I'm running Opera more and more, and Firefox in 'run as' mode ...

... btw, love the product, just want to be sure I get full benefit from it ...

6. jobeard

jobeard Guest

I run the XP/Home SP2 and have implemented the LUA concept day one.
    I always login to the limited account and run FF 1.07 and Thunderbird(1.07)
    just fine. The protection system runs and until the 3.5* update, I was getting
    updated, by using the RUN AS ... feature.

I'll wait a few days to upgrade from 3.4*

7. AntiSerious

... if I knew that Admin settings applied to all accounts I wouldn't be so concerned ...

:gack:

8. AntiSerious

... well, I guess a week is enough time to prove there won't be an answer to this question ... or to my original problem ... or to why I come here at all ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.