Mozilla Firefox not detected

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by isandman02, Aug 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sanity_Clause

Sanity_Clause Registered Member

I'm a newbie at the inner guts of a program so I'm having problems trying to get Spywareblaster to recognize and protect Firefox. I use Win 7 64 bit and haven't had the Firefox category update at all for months. Any assistance is appreciated.

2. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Firefox and Chrome haven't had databases updated since I've been using SpywareBlaster.

3. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

Hmm, you mean no FF database updates for years...?
    Thanks, makes me feel better about loosing my FF Exceptions.
    Mozilla Support tells me Exceptions are held in permissions.sqlite file ....but, I had already re-created permissions.sqlite with no joy.

4. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

That's correct. Each new update since has only updated IE.

5. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

Thanks again!.
    Since Mozilla points to Site Preferences > permissions.sqlite holding Exceptions.
    I'm wondering about.... "prefs" / "prefs.js"...?

6. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

7. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

8. mattE9

mattE9 Registered Member

I've been using Fx since it was called Phoenix, I know it exceptionally well and I don't get what you are talking about either.
    SpywareBlaster does not really need to even feature in the 'Exceptions' window of Firefox > Tools > Options > Privacy > History > Exceptions (where permanently 'blocked' or 'allowed' websites are listed), unless a person chooses a certain general cookie setting. Whether a site address appears in that 'Exceptions' list is solely dependent on what the settings are to the left of it.
    When a person has 'ask me every time' there is a choice to accept that time only or 'always' and in the latter case that site gets inserted into the 'Exceptions' list, it does not go in that list if the permission is either not 'always' or not 'blocked'.
    You certainly don't need to mess about with any sqlite file for sure.
    No general user should *ever* need to go that deep into profile data.

NB: There isn't to my knowledge any OFFICIAL 64bit version of Firefox for windows at this time, so people above are using unofficial builds and perhaps should stick to the official release which works superbly on 3 64bit windows systems I have.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  9. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

Well, I've always had and prefer to see SpywareBlaster data listed with Exceptions.
    As you write x64 may not be for everyone. Is FFx64 the reason why I do not find SB data with Exceptions..?
    I've always had SpywareBlaster data listed with Exceptions with these FF settings.
    Firefox History settings.PNG
    and I used to find this...
    Firefox Exceptions Cookies.PNG
    and now I find this...
    SpywareBlaster.PNG
    I'm at a loss to understand...
    When I would disable Firefox in SpywareBlaster dashboard. SB data would not populate to Exceptions. And when I would enable Firefox in SB dashboard. SB data would populate to Exceptions. Not needing to find SB data with Exceptions for SB data to be employed, is head scratch.
    When I add an 'Exception' in FFx64 the Exception is saved.
    and SpywareBlaster dashboard looks like...
    SpywareBlaster Protection Status.PNG

10. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Some Updates:

This issue does not affect all users.

We are testing a fix for everything listed above, and hope to have it available very soon.

We also believe we've tracked down the cause (and why this only affects certain users): a third-party program is modifying Firefox profiles when it shouldn't (and in ways it shouldn't). I hope to have more details on that for you shortly.

Thanks.

11. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

Thanks!, care to share name of the "third party program"...?
    I'd like to know if I have such a program modifying my Firefox profile when it shouldn't and in ways it shouldn't.
    That's a program I'd sure want to re-evaluate.

12. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.