Mozilla/Firefox Not Detected

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by ductapedebbie, Feb 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ductapedebbie

ductapedebbie Registered Member

I'm a long-time user of Spywareblaster with a new computer, so of course one of my first steps was to install Spywareblaster. I'm running Firefox 2.0.0.2 and Vista Home Premium. I had no problem with the installation but when I open Spywareblaster it does not detect Firefox. Per the troubleshooting tips I looked for the Firefox profile registry.dat file to see if it was too large, but I don't find the registry.dat file at all. (Maybe that's my problem? However, I haven't had any trouble browsing with Firefox on the new computer.)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, since I only surf with Firefox. Thanks!

2. DanceMan2

DanceMan2 Registered Member

I'm having the same problem. FF2 is not being dectected as FF. Since I also only use FF, and am migrating all my computers and those of family members whose computers I look after to FF ver 2.0, this will mean ending my use of Spyware Blaster after several years of very happy use and recommending it to all and sundry.

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

I'm currently looking into this issue - DanceMan2, are you also using Vista?

Best regards and thanks,

-Javacool

4. DanceMan2

DanceMan2 Registered Member

Not on Vista. I've had this happen on an install of Win 2K and FF 2.0 and an install of XP with FF 2.0.0.2.

5. javacool

Are you using the English version of Windows, or a different localized version? (And if so, which one?)

And do you make any customized tweaks to your systems that might interfere with locating your account's folder? (i.e. Relocating user profiles to another drive / external server, changing the names of common folders, etc.) Also, any tweaks to the location of Firefox profiles?

I've done a clean install here on Windows 2K and XP, and it can always find the Firefox profile. So I'm trying to determine anything that might be different between our systems.

Best regards and thanks,

-Javacool

6. ductapedebbie

Javacool,

Just checking in--has anything more turned up on this? I miss Spywareblaster!

Thanks,

Debbie

7. ductapedebbie

I was able to resolve the problem myself--it turns out that I had never launched Firefox from the administrator account, since I never use that to surf. Once I launched Firefox from the admin account, Spywareblaster recognized Firefox in all accounts (admin and limited).

8. javacool

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the update! :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

9. hightechredneck

hightechredneck Registered Member

I'm having a simlar problem as well. Netscape 8.1.2 is my DEFAULT browser, which I use all of the time, however SpywareBlaster is not detecting it. I'm running Win 2K Pro. How do I fix this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.