Mozilla Firefox 4.0 RC out

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by brainrb1, Mar 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

To add to that, I don't think it's an issue of "fixing" (correct me if I'm wrong anyone?), but more of just how it is designed. Besides, doesn't it make perfect sense to close all tabs and begin a private session completely fresh? I personally would never leave other tabs opened that weren't private before going into private mode. If you're going into that mode, you're doing it for a reason. Why leave previous cookies, referrals and other such things from the public tab lingering?

2. harsha_mic

harsha_mic Registered Member

it is by design i guess.

3. Someheresomethere

Someheresomethere Registered Member

I already am, but I wanted to have Firefox as another option.
    I use private browsing to access websites that I do not want to be saved in the browser's history. It makes perfect sense to me to able to a private browsing window and a normal window. For instance, I have gmail open in my current session, and I want to open a website in private browsing. In Firefox, I'd have to close the current session, go to gmail, login again, then open up the website I want.
    I suppose you could call it browser multitasking. It's easy to do with pretty much every other major web browser out there. In Firefox it seems impossible.
    They could at least give you an option in the Private Browsing Dialog box, "Close current session" or "Open new window."
    They're just shoving their use of Private Browsing through the user's throat. I don't like that.

4. J_L

J_L Registered Member

What's with all these reports of the Final version? Looks like RC2 to me.

5. treehouse786

treehouse786 Registered Member

strange, cold boot for me is 1 second

6. 3x0gR13N

3x0gR13N Registered Member

RC2=Final from the looks of it.
    You can download it from here: -ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/4.0/win32/en-US/-
    but it's best to wait until 22nd to be sure.

7. stratoc

stratoc Guest

8. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

I really don't get it from a security standpoint, but okay. In any case, yeah, I suppose you'll just have to use another browser, as Mozilla decided to do it a different way (in my mind, the correct way).

9. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

Yes. There's absolutely no difference between RC2 and the final. So those with RC2 really don't have to upgrade but I'm going to in any case when the rush dies down :D.

Source: http://www.conceivablytech.com/6365...firefox-4-0-final-one-day-early#idc-container

Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  10. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

Appreciate the link, MrK.

Bo

11. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Got FF4 from Softpedia & installed it on top of 3X. Wow! FF4 is waaaay fast on my computer. Works flawlessly, too. I am stoked! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

12. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I think its slower than the slowest boat to China:p , although compared to IE9 its faster, those people who released IE9 should be electrocuted, it takes quentzillion light years sometimes to navigate.

13. Pinga

Pinga Registered Member

That's disgusting. Did you consider treatment?

14. 3x0gR13N

3x0gR13N Registered Member

Err, what? ;)

Startup is a bit faster than 3.x for me, which is OK, considering I rarely get to measure it. :) Browsing/navigation too.

15. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

What the devil for? I'm a Clinical Psychologist who works for the local Government, and I can get all the treatment i want, but i give it instead of getting it :p Oh and lighten up a little, being over reactive is a sure sign of getting a stroke

16. mantra

mantra Registered Member

i got often this error

17. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Well considering Chrome where as soon as you start typing it completes before you can think of where you wanted to go to :p ,and Firefox being Firefox, is, however a good browser, I prefer to be intimidated by something which will sugest where I want to go, rather than start typing a web address,and get distracted, and then completely forget where I was going in the first place, :p have it remembered for me by the likes of Chrome, however I'm not in the least going to pick one over the other, and say that one is better than that one. i just think Firefox could be faster if the Mozilla folks took everything into consideration and focused on speed, and not themes/ add ons, and how pretty the thing looks.

18. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

looks like an Apache Server issue.

19. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

OTOH, you can use just a little common sense before posting even if you have a compulsive need to indulge in hyperbole.

20. moontan

moontan Registered Member

i have been trying all the top new browsers in the last week.

i was pleasantly surprised by all 3 browsers; Opera, FF4 and IE9.
    finally, Chrome has competitions after 2 years of supremacy. :)

21. mantra

mantra Registered Member

well is officially out

by the way can't find a gain in the GPU acceleration , and i got a fast new video card

i guess it will be the turn of thunderbird soon ,will not it?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
  22. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.