Mozilla and Hotmail

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by TrBot, Apr 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrBot

TrBot Registered Member

I typed in "www.hotmail.com" in the firefox URL bar, and I got THIS:

Can anyone shed any light?

Attached Files:

2. You may have your java script disabled....

3. INTOXSICKATED

INTOXSICKATED Registered Member

do you have cookies enabled?

4. TrBot

TrBot Registered Member

Intox: Yes.

JW: I don't.

I have not had this problem before until recently. I contacted MS, and they said to contact Firefox Staff. I contacted FF staff, and they said it was MS..

"Net passport no longer..."

That's not Mozilla's problem.

5. INTOXSICKATED

i've seen this covered in some other forums before, but the basic answer is that there are compatability problems with firefox and hotmail. personally i have no problems accessing my hotmail account. you might want to try this out. seems weird that it would be working one moment and not the next tho. can you access it from internet explorer still?

6. abhi_mittal

abhi_mittal Registered Member

Enable Cookies...I had a similar problem earlier and it was resolved by enabling cookies.

7. INTOXSICKATED

he said cookies are already enabled, but maybe he should go back and double check. i had that same problem to when i first started using firefox.

8. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

If using a proxy or ad blocker, try bypassing it when connecting to Hotmail.

9. TrBot

TrBot Registered Member

Cookies are enabled, yes. Also, ad blocker not enabled. I'm checking out Intox's link.

10. TrBot

TrBot Registered Member

Yes, IE opens up hotmail BTW

11. Bethrezen

Bethrezen Registered Member

hi

I'm mystified as to why you are having trouble what browser are you using I know you say firefox but what version what build coz with firefox being open source there are loads of different builds around

I don't see why you should be having a problem with Mozilla because I have firefox

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-GB; rv:1.7.6) Gecko/20050321 Firefox/1.0.2

which is a Mozilla browser and can access hotmail just fine I also have cookies disabled though I do have the following added to my allow list so that I can login while cookies are disabled

passport.com, hotmail.msn.com

personally I think it may be something to do with the browser you are using this could be especially true if you are using one of the none official builds or the nightlys

other than that I don't have a clue

12. TrBot

TrBot Registered Member

I am using FF 1.0.2.

Funny though, I could view hotmail.com until a few days ago.

And yes I have not seen any others wit hthis problem..

13. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I am also useing ff1.02 at the present to test hotmail and it works just fine. somehow a setting must have gotten changed somewhere.

bigc

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2005
  14. TrBot

TrBot Registered Member

15. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Go to control panel, internet options, programs, and put a check in "IE should check if it is the default browser".

16. TrBot

TrBot Registered Member

Thanx ron, I did :) but no luck. However I CAN access hotmail through MSN messenger, so I will have to rely on that..should I choose to use their dodgy service again.

17. INTOXSICKATED

just remembered something (having a sober moment). anyways, when it comes to firefox, did you install 1.0.2 over 1.0.1 or did you do a clean install? it is possible that you may have to unistall firefox and then reinstall it. i had this same problem when i uprgaded from the 0.9 or whatever it was to the 1.0. i had a corrupted download file or something. i was advised to look in the control panel>add or remove programs and see if i had firefox listed twice. if so, uninstall them both and redownload 1.0.2, and install it from the new download.

you may want to try that. even if you do an uninstall of firefox, when you reinstall it all your settings should still be there, so it shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

you may also want to list the other security programs you are currently using as well. there may be something in one of them that is causing your problem.

18. TrBot

TrBot Registered Member

Intox,

It's listed once.

I did a complete uninst/reinst..same thing.

Oh well.

Intox rules.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.