Mozilla and Google Sign New Agreement for Default Search in Firefox

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ronjor, Dec 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

They're most certainly both.

2. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

Thanks for posting. I certainly hadn't seen it. It's good to read the thoughts of actual insiders as opposed to those of bloggers (and trolls ;) ) who find it "fashionable and exciting to turn every issue into a gladiatorial arena."

3. guest

guest Guest

4. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

*Cough* ;) :eek:

5. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

Whether anyone likes it or not they're still products and they still have consumers. That makes them competition.

I competed with my friends all of the time in school when playing sports or even in terms of grades or whatever. Still friends, still competing.

There's no way for Google and Firefox to separate themselves from the competition but I'm glad to see that they think of it more as a partnership.

6. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Competition can work for the consumer/end-user, but it's the nature of the competitiveness that is important. Also it can be based on the similarity or not of the competitors themselves. I used to fight competitive karate. These contests normally have gender/weight divisions. It's hardly fair for a middle-weight (70 kg) adult male to fight a girl much smaller a lighter. Google & Mozilla are a David & Goliath type of contest. To extend the metaphor a tad; when the gloves come off, the heavier hitter will usually win. When this happens, the consumer isn't always the winner & this can ultimately lead to hegemonies &/or monopolies.

7. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.