Moving on

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by meneer, Jun 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meneer

    meneer Registered Member

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2002
    Posts:
    1,132
    Location:
    The Netherlands
    Tired of yet another hole in you windows?
    There's a new version of the Xandros desktop linux distribution, this time it's a free download.
    In fact, moving over to linux has probably never been easier. I don't think you'll ever need to touch the command shell in this version.
     
  2. MCT

    MCT Registered Member

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2004
    Posts:
    300
    linux is no more secure then windows, it gets hit with viruses less often, cuz 95% of ppl use windows

    if i were a virus maker (which im not) but if i wanted 2 infect someone with a virus, i would make it so that 95% of the computer population would get it, instead of the other 5%

    :D regards
     
  3. meneer

    meneer Registered Member

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2002
    Posts:
    1,132
    Location:
    The Netherlands
    This is no topic to discuss what's best or what's safest. This link is not in the security section of this site, it's just here to point to a solution to the latest hole in %$$@$$# IE. Anyone responsible for patching 2500 desktops every other week will understand my feelings.

    If I wanted to discuss this issue (best and safest), I'd come up with some research, providing some kind of proof. I would not post my comments based solely on my feelings. Until now, yes, my feeling is that open source can be just as secure as Windows :cool: . There's just a slight error in the previous reply: Most worms are due to holes in IE and OE. IE is integrated in the OS, it's not running on top of the os. Any hole in IE is a hole in the OS. Ain't that just bad luck for 95% of the computer users :D
     
Loading...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.