Move & Copy do nothing

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by bertsirkin, Feb 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bertsirkin

bertsirkin Registered Member

The first time I used DiskDirector with my drives it worked fine (a week ago) - but since then one drive failed and I've replaced it with a new drive (exact duplicate). Now when I try to copy or move a partition from one drive to another, during the reboot I get the Acronis DOS-like blue screen where DiskDirector is doing "something", it reboots after about 10 seconds, I get another Acronis DOS-like blue-screen for about 10 seconds and it continues to boot into Windows. But once in Windows, nothing has changed.

The first time, those blue-screens took a while as the partition was being copied - but no longer.

The two drives I'm copying data from/to are SATA drives and the OS is Windows XP Pro.

Any help would be appreciated!

bert

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Bert,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Please create Acronis Bootable Rescue CD and try to perform these operations booting from it as a workaround.

Regarding your original issue, please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post and submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected report file and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. AngelArs

AngelArs Registered Member

We've got two SATA drives too and we've had this same exact problem with Disck Director 10.0. If you check the forum you'll see other people having the same issue. As a work around we found that the feature seems to work if you use the boot disk to perform the task. It's when it's in Windows XP Pro that Disk Director has a problem with copy/move. Hope that helps ;)

4. bertsirkin

bertsirkin Registered Member

Thanks for reconfirming! Strange that it seemed to work once though.

bert

5. AngelArs

AngelArs Registered Member

Yeah it worked for us at first too, but then for some strange odd reason it just stopped working :( Must be a bug in the system. Hopefully they're working on a fix for the next version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.