Mouse problems using Rescue CD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by pvsurfer, Mar 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

Well it finally happened... my system would not boot, not even into safe mode! Since I've been using TI8 for a while and had a 2-day old image of my C-drive on another HD, I wasn't worried (truth be told, I was pretty nervous).

The bottom-line is that by using my bootable TI Rescue CD, I managed to restore my C-drive and all is now well. However, to my dismay, I found that my MS Explorer USB mouse (but connected into PS/2) would not work throughout the restore process! Navigating and the selection process using the keyboard was quite difficult...

While I'm very grateful that TI8 was able to bail me out of this problem, I can't help but complain about the problem with mouse recognition! :rolleyes:

2. tronic592001

tronic592001 Registered Member

pvsurfer
    Ive had problems with usb mice in the past, i peronaly prefer usb at the moment i got ps2.

used to have ghost 2002 problems with usb with that!!

I changed to TI becuse ghost would not image or clone sata drive to pata drive.
    and ive used ghost since 2002 still got disk.. crap now. thay sood have given me a update but alas money talks bullshit walks...

:ninja:

3. como

como Registered Member

I had the same problem with no mouse support in the boot cd in an earlier build, this was fixed by support giving me a link to a iso file that cured the problem

Later builds have not had this problem, have you updated to the latest build if not do so now and burn a new boot disk, if not contact support

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello pvsurfer,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

If new Acronis Bootable CD with the latest build as como suggested you to create still doesn't let you to use your mouse please create sysinfo.txt as described at https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317 and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread and the full model name of your mouse.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. pvsurfer

This problem occurs while using build 800, and a rescue CD created by that build. I tried rebooting the rescue CD, but that didn't help at all (the arrow appeared to be stuck at the right edge of my LCD screen)!

como~ would you please post the iso link that solved your mouse problem? ...thanks!

6. como

como Registered Member

As Ilya stated, before your last post, you need to send support a report to obtain a iso link, the one I had is two builds ago and is not applicable to build 800. In any case I beleive it will be based on the report that you send including the model of your mouse

7. pvsurfer

Already did that - patience is not my strong suit! :oops:

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello pvsurfer,

Thank you for taking time to contact Acronis Support Team. If you still haven't got any reply please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply. I will find out the reason for the delay.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.