mouse problem

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by George Drasnar, Aug 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have this problem. It's not a big deal but... I created DDS bootable CD. When I get to the opening screen (where you choose Full or Safe version etc.), my mouse is dead (no pointer), and my keyboard seems to be dead. However I found out that when I move/press arrow keys the keyboard comes to life, I can get to the main screen by hitting ENTER and when I am in, the mouse starts working. I tested CD on my second computer, Toshiba laptop, and it works fine there. I have USB keyboard and Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 4 mouse connected through the USB hub on keyboard, not through MB USB port. Could that be causing my problem?

2. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

Hi George~

Erratic mouse problems (when using the Boot CD) have been reported many times on all of the Acronis forums (especially on the True Image forum).

I too have the MS IntelliMouse Explorer 4 and in my case it won't work on the PS/2 port (with the Boot CD) but it does work when connected to any of my board's USB2 ports. As I don't use a USB hub, I would think that's probably your problem, but it's anyone's guess! :doubt:

~pv

3. pjb024

pjb024 Registered Member

George, make sure you have 'USB Legacy Support' enabled in BIOS; it may help.

4. Thanks pjb024. I know there were problems with mouse reported on this forum. And yes, I have USB legacy support enabled in BIOS. The reason I am surprised… I have TrueImage bootable CD and everything works fine there, on the same machine. ? Maybe they use different drivers on the DDS boot CD. Or maybe they don't. Who knows.

5. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

That's why I suggested that mouse problems with Acronis software are erratic... ;) ~pv

6. pjb024

pjb024 Registered Member

hi pvsurfer, you are correct. I guess that the Recovery CD handles some hardware ok but not all. The mouse problem does seem to be a recurring one. At least George has found a solution even if it's not what he would like.

7. Yes, pvsurfer, erratic is the right word. As one old Taoist master said, while contemplating the future of computers: logical gives birth to erratic and erratic gives birth to logical.

Thanks again guys. I think I’ll forget about it until a disaster strikes.

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello George Drasnar,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Could you please try to connect your mouse through PS/2 port or USB (not through USB hub) and see whether the problem remains?

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

9. Hi Irina,

Thanks for a reply.

I run some tests yesterday. Here it is:

A mouse connected to MB USB port – same problem as described above.
    A mouse connected to PS/2 port – everything works.

I also tried a different mouse. The same problem, it didn’t matter whether it was connected through a hub or MB USB port, but this time I got a message, when DDS was loading… USB.c: error getting string descriptor (error 75).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.