mounted image drive not appearing in explorer

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by parsoons, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. parsoons

parsoons Registered Member

Hi, I can't seem to find my mounted image in windows explorer. The drive it is mounted to "Z" shows up in disk management but not in explorer. Also, explorer is supposed to pop up after mounting but it doesn't. How can I access the image if I can't find the mounted drive? Running Vista and True Image 10. Thank you for any help.

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Do you have any other drives mapped Z? That condition can cause this situation in win. In that case, using disk management, assign another letter and both drives should show up.

3. parsoons

No, that's the only "Z" I have. In fact, no matter what letter I use for the mounted drive, it never shows up in explorer. Thanks for your response shieber. Any other ideas? This has got me stumped!

4. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Does it show up in "My Computer"? What version and build of TI are you using? If you have other mapped drives the drive letters used by the mapped drives are not even offered. This is true for V9 B3677.

5. parsoons

True Image V 10 build 4,942
    The only place I can see the drive is in -Computer Management; Disk Management- and it is listed with its' proper mounting letter.

6. parsoons

Something I just tried; I can type in the drive letter "Z:" in the address bar across the top of windows explorer and it will show up. But it won't voluntarily show itself just by starting explorer. Guess this will work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.