Most Well-Rounded Antivirus Program

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by f123, Jul 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

2. Pigman

Pigman Registered Member

That's a poll, not a performance test. People like AVG because it's free and it does its job, not because it is an outstanding AV.

Also, to give you an idea of how accurate those peoples' opinions are, precisely zero of them voted for the (quite excellent) F-Prot, and over 500 voted for the resource-sucking pig known as Norton...

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Hear Hear!

4. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

I have been using AVAST Home edition for a few months now. So far so good.

5. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Like I said earlier, resource hog means nothing to me any more, it did a month ago when I was using a five year old system. If it takes a resourse hog to go for 5 years with a perfect record at Virus Bulletin then so be it.

I think it's great that other people use other AV, variety is wonderful, I don't care to convert one person to Norton, my ego just isn't into it, there are simply too many excellent products out there now and I recommend many other AV to people DEPENDING UPON THEIR NEEDS AND SYSTEMS. However, it's one thing to have an opinion and another to try to make others feel guilty for using the AV that they choose to. In my opinion there are too many people who feel because an AV is best for them, EVERYONE should be using the same thing. They probably also know what kind of car we should all be driving or what we should all be eating.

Acadia

Last edited: Jul 23, 2004
  6. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Ladies and gents,

Please lay back for a while - there's no need for anyone to leave. Just take it easy, and all will be fine ;)

Acadia, please check your IM over here ;)

regards.

paul

7. halcyon

halcyon Registered Member

NOD-32 if you just want to plug&play, although as already discussed, I'd combine that with an anti-trojan (TDS-3 is my choice as it is also among the best in anti-trojan suites).

If you just want one, KAV 5 should be at the top of your list, but you really need to configure it yourself, to make it run ok on older machines without being on the slow side (IMHO!).

8. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

It also makes life a little more difficult for the malware writers,just think how easy it would be for them to get round your defences if everybody used the same AV with the same weaknesses(they all have some!)

9. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

ROFLMAO

:D :cool: :D :cool: :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.