MOST ANNOYING PROBLEM

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by fikemoster, Jun 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fikemoster

fikemoster Registered Member

ryte ive had eset for a while and its never happend untill a recent update where its got this quarentine stuff, eset wont let me download, install anything that has a varient of win32 in it which lets face it is every single game tht u try and install or update its soo pointless, how can u fix this problem

please someone help

ive delted the quarentined file and turned off the firewall and tried to update the game it still somehow blocks it because when i load the firewall back up the file is back in there :(

thanks in advance :)

2. The PIT

The PIT Registered Member

How about describing the problem properly rather than ranting around it and giving near zero information.

All we can gather is. Something has been detected and quarantined. Crystal ball sadly doesn't tell us what it is.

What are you trying to download o_O

If it's from from a warez site expect it too be blocked as it probably infected. Or if you you're updating via steam for example say so.

Give us a clue what games you're trying too upgrade.

What version of eset you're using?

What operating system you're using?

Is it up to date or not. etc etc

Your keyboard also seems to have a problem words missing and caps lock getting stuck.

3. bsodcsi

bsodcsi Registered Member

Wow I couldn't say it better myself..........LOL

4. fikemoster

im young and i couldnt realy care about my punctuation ive come to a forum for help and i get that, Hmmmmmmm

i told you what the problem is the update for the game which is called NeoSteam it has a self updater which launches before the game checks all the files to see if there up to date etc and when it trys to update the neosteam.exe the quarentine window appears saying it has a varient of win32 inside which is fair enough but exe's doo its part fo the update, sorry to be rude but i found ur reply rude :(

im using eset smart security 4.0.417.0

im running windows xp totaly up to date

5. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

check it with something like
    http://virusscan.jotti.org/
    if a likely false positive, exclude it from scanning in Eset. Report it to Eset so they can check it and fix it for others :)

6. fikemoster

while in the quarentine i right clicked the object and went on the restore and remove from scanning option and it comes up with the error: restoring file fromquarentine faild :(

7. no_idea

no_idea Registered Member

You might want to update to the current version 4.0.437.0 - this probably won't help you out with your current issue but it will at least make your ESET installation current.

Turning off your firewall and/or your antivirus protection in order to complete an infected download raises the question, why you spent money for a security software in the first place if you don't want to heed its warnings.

Well, being young per se isn't truly an achievement. Learning how to express yourself using proper spelling and punctuation however is ;)

8. fikemoster

yeh thats fair enough like i said on my previous post i was sorry for being rude :( and i know what your saying i am listening to its warnings and i agree with the system that is in place i think its very good, but i know these files are safe for quarentee for example its playing up on a game of mine atm it wont let me install it because on the exe :( and ive got a client called esea(esports entertainment) its an anticheat program i need for matches of counter strike source matches and its stopping me from downloading the latest auto update and when i try to manualy download it from the website itll download 99% then fail and again the quarentine splash comes up, they all have the same problem this win32 varient packed :(

9. The PIT

The PIT Registered Member

Bingo you're getting help.
    I thought I'd try and download the client too see if I get the same problem and you got to register. Grrr.
    Then I thought I look on the forums too see if anyone else has reported anything and yet again you got to be registered.
    had a quick google round too see if you can get the program elsewhere and haven't found anything bar an earlier thread on this forum over the same issue.

10. Infiniti

Infiniti Registered Member

Apparently, it is just not a ESS issue... I did some research and Mcafee also thinks the client is a virus...

Where I got this from >> http://www.onrpg.com/boards/88295.html

Maybe its an issue of how the game is written?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.