=( morphus mass spy ware :'(

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by Mr.Blaze, May 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

:'( if any of you have morpheus and have knowen of spyware and everything to do with morpheus let me know so i can send you a private  message qustioning help on this :'(

2. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hey Blaze,

Didn't AdAware help you out there?
    Sorry, I don't use Morpheus ....

3. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Sir Blaze,

If this invitation of yours is what it seems to be: keeping Morpheus but removing the spyware components, you are giving us a hard time. We cannot condone such a request - as you are well aware of  ;).

Would you please clarify the reasons for your request as posted?

regards.

paul

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

If you are asking for help on removing the spyware that comes with Morpheus (and your intentions are, of course, to uninstall Morpheus - and you want to get rid of the spyware also) you can PM me if you need some help or answers to questions. (I have installed most versions of most P2P and other potential spyware programs at some point in time on a test machine to determine what spyware they install and where - to aide others in removal).

Although, in this regard, Ad-Aware should do the trick quickly, easily, and completely (with the newest version and reflist).

-javacool

5. rocket23

rocket23 Guest

Hey Javacool I was wondering if you or any others at this forum have used Blubster.  Is it actually spyware free?  I tried using WinMx but my experience was that it took a long time to connect to the servers and then to download anything.  Some feedback on the latest P2P would be great.  Thanks to all at the forum for all the valuable info; I've learned alot lurking over the months.  RJ

6. Mike_Healan

Mike_Healan Registered Member

Blaze, the only spyware in Morpheus I know of for sure is Wurld Media, and that's optional. I tested that a while back. Someone posted in spywatch at Lavasoft yesterday about some weird files the new one installed, so I'm going to take a look at it tomorrow afternoon.
    Rocket, I know for certain that winmx, blubster, and gnucleus are spyware-free. I tested them myself.
    Winmx just came out with a new version last week and it's pretty nice. Gnucleus is a little weird, and I've never run blubster longer than it took to see what it installed.
    http://www.winmx.com
    http://www.blubster.com
    http://gnucleus.net

7. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

i dowenload morpheus and win mx im keeping win mx no spyware but

i am going to uninstall morpheus want to get rid of hidden spy ware

i have morphuse installed and adware didnt find a thing this leds me to belive morpheus has did something to adaware=(

8. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Blaze,

If you had an old version of Morpheus installed (i.e. 1.3 - NOT the preview edition) you probably have nothing to worry about (only 1.3.3 installed an early version of b3d player WITHOUT the auto-update feature - effectively neutered from the net). The first set of downloads of the preview edition also contained no spyware.

Later downloads of the preview edition contained one spyware item, but Ad-Aware would detect and get rid of this.

I do not believe your Ad-Aware is tampered with, so there should be no need to worry! If it found nothing that's great.  :)

-javacool

9. rocket23

rocket23 Guest

Mike thanks for the feedback on Blubster & Winmx being spyware-free.  I will give Blubster a try and the new version of Winmx.  I will post my results on Blubster because I know personally I haven't found too much info on other peoples impression of it; hopefully it will be of some use.

Goodluck Mr. Blaze on getting rid of any possible spyware.  

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.