More TDS-3 Lack of support

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Geoff_Cooper, Apr 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geoff_Cooper

Geoff_Cooper Registered Member

Hi.

Still waiting for a response from Wayne regarding not being able to log into the private forum.

The last email I sent was on the 3rd of April.

Basically it takes me up to 8 login attempts before it will let me past the login page.  I've put the site into my trusted zone and told IE to always allow cookies from them but I still can't get in properly.

Once I do get in, as soon as I move onto another page I get thrown back to the login page.

Very frustrating!!!

Geoff Cooper

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi Geoff, in your profile, disable the board cookies.
    (user profile | edit options | browse with cookies NO ; Automatic login YES)
    This should do it.
    If not, please check back for more possibilities.

(faster then 17 minutes could not make it, not being aboard here before that)

3. Geoff_Cooper

Hi Jooske.

Thanks for your prompt reply.  Unfortunately the procedure you suggested did not work.  I finally managed to get to the edit options page after having to log in around 20 odd times and found that cookies were already disabled for browsing.

I attempted about 50 times to change it to enable them and automatic login instead, but it would not accept the changes and kept throwing me back to the login page instead.  I've given up now.

Regards.
    Geoff Cooper

4. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

im thinking they relly tighten security from 6 months algo cause thers no way to get in.

other then being a full register owner of a tds 3.

6months algo there was a way some one posted url's backdoors not no more you use to be able to find them with a google seach lol.

oh well=) good job on tds security

5. Bob_Anderson

Bob_Anderson Registered Member

Geoff, I had that problem too, but entering the TDS forum from F5 when TDS-3 is active solved that problem. It parses your log on info. If you can reach TDS that way, then bookmark the complete url.

It brings you to a page which will have a link to the forums. It solved my log on prroblems. Once I was there, I put that url in the trusted zone, and haven't had a problem since, and I can just enter through my browser without TDS-3 open.

-Bob

6. Checkout;

Checkout; Guest

Thanks, Bob - excellent circumvent!

7. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

That's the page i meant yes and did IM to Geoff as well, as i can't post that in the open :)
    I had the same problem till i disabled the onboard cookies and kept the auto-login and with that my frustration of not being able to enter but via the console.
    But the url's mentioned in the forum notifications still don't work for me, so i use that bookmarked one from that page you mentioned either the F5.

I wonder if some proxy settings might influence this?
    Oh yeah: it might help too after those changes like putting the URL in the trusted zone to delete the cookie so a new one is made at the next entrance which might function better then.

8. root

root Registered Member

Just a thought as to the title of this thread.
    There is only one product I am aware of that has a better forum and better support than TDS3, and that is Outpost Personal Firewall. :D
    All others pale by comparrison. :cool:

9. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

no offense, root, but knowing how much effort, time and energy you did put into the the Outpost forums, I tend to notice a tiny "pro" here  :D.

Nevertheless: I applaud you for your efforts (as Mikhail surely does)  ;).

regards.

paul

10. MickeyTheMan

MickeyTheMan Security Expert

Outpost Personal Firewall ?
    Oh yeah, the cookie control and ads manager ! :D

11. Paul Wilders

Mickey,

mmm..wasn't root talking about forums?  
    As for a FW: anyone should pick the one s/he's comfortable with - as you are with LooknStop   ;).

regards.

paul

12. MickeyTheMan

Ooops !  I suppose my sick sense of humour didn't go to well, did it ? ;)  My apologies to all concerned !

13. Paul Wilders

As a matter of fact, I do like your sense of humor; no need to apologize in any way  :D

regards.

paul

14. Geoff_Cooper

Thanks for that Bob, but I've tried that too.  I've got dcsresearch and diamondcs's domains in my trusted zones and I've set my browser to accept all cookies from them also but still no luck.

Just in case it's a stupid IE problem I'm going to install Opera browser.  Don't know if it will work but I'll give it a try.

Thanks to all for your comments.

Geoff Cooper.

15. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

No, it's not only a browser problem, i use IE as well, trusted zone both you mentioned, going via the console, bookmarked that page, once in off with the onboard cookies and in the autologin, using exactly the registered name i chose for the forum, (you know the login fields are case sensitive), searched for and deleted the cookies and accept cookies.........
    i remember in my firewall i also unchecked when visiting them the field that blocks 3rd party cookies which helped immediately. (that firewall!!! grgrgrgr at times to find proper settings!! and gain back my own access on my own system!)
    As you were in already (be it without trouble) at least you know your name/password/key are ok.  

16. zappa

zappa Registered Member

great support

I cannot imagine 2 people, Wayne and GAvin, answering as many e mails as they do.    All of me emails were answered promptly.  I'm sure one slips through the cracks every now and then.  

Now let's talk about unread e mails.  I have 4,012 unread emails at work.   I was so proud to have broken the 4,000 level this week.   It's a full time job to read mail at my company.  I bailed on that job a while ago as I couldn't get my real work done.  

17. Geoff_Cooper

Well I don't know what they've done but I can now get into the private forum by logging in just once.

Nothing's changed on any of my computers so they must have fixed something.

One thing puzzles me slightly, whenever I look at the private forum, it reports a number of members plus 2 guests.  I thought only members were allowed on?

Thanks to all for your replies.

Geoff Cooper

18. MickeyTheMan

Geoff, i just came from there and i'm registered :

There are currently 0 members and 1 guests on the boards.

19. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

It could be possible that when someone loses their Internet connection it shows them as then being a guest.

It just happened to me - I was logged in there, my connection got cut and when I tried to refresh the page after re-connecting, I (of course) got sent back to the login page.

Just a thought. Pete

20. MickeyTheMan

You just don't loose connection on cable.

21. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

I'm on dial-up, Mick - I was talking about others who were on dial-up, too. Pete

22. Lost_Soul

Lost_Soul Registered Member

;) Maybe that was Mickey's great humor at work again. I bet mine can even beat his  :) :) :).

23. MickeyTheMan

TDS have been having problems with dns resolve on and off for a week, and i wonder if geoff problems may have not been linked to that !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.