More comodo scan log questions

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by seadog, Feb 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seadog

seadog Registered Member

Where can I learn what the log entries mean? For example everyday I have the entry "outbound policy violation(access denied) ICMP=router solicitation"appears several times. Also "inbound policy violation(access denied)protocol IGMP". I also get a large number of other inbound violations (access denied) from various ip addresses which I understand is normal. I would really like to know what the first 2 examples are. Particularly who/what is trying to access the net from my pc. Thanks in advance for any info.

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

both of those entries seem to be related to a (your) router. i dont know if theyre necessary though; is your internet connection fine?

3. seadog

seadog Registered Member

WFSuser....Thanks for the come back. Here's the rub.I have not had a router for over 2 years. I think it might have something to do with renewing my ip address but I'm not sure as I am clueless in this area. I had an event viewer error regarding Dhcp not able to renew ip lease yesterday in conjunction with not being able to access the web. Rebooted pc & then was able to access. Need someone with more knowledge than I.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.