monitor-Windows Internet Explorer/About Blank

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by crikt1, Oct 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crikt1

crikt1 Registered Member

monitor-Windows Internet Explorer/About Blank

This keeps popping under while I am on AOL. It is a tiny about blank window that pops under AOL. It stays a bit and then goes away. I ran my Norton Security 2007 scan and Adaware SE scan. They show nothing. Is Microsoft monitoring my activity on AOL? Or maybe AOL? AAAARRRGGGHHHH!

2. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

I would say, that there are AOL ADs. Do you have popup blocker enabled in IE?

3. crikt1

crikt1 Registered Member

yes
    I don't think its an ad. Nothing is advertized. It is just a very small window with: monitor-Windows Internet Explorer on the active title bar and in the address bar is about blank. It is only one inch by one inch and I can't make it any bigger or minimize it. I can close it from the title bar but it comes right back. It closes on its own if I leave it alone.

4. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

I also used to get popups like this, but due to my settings (blocked flash, java), it showed nothing. Also IE7 has by default disabled running apps in an inframe and this looks like that. Anyway, if you use other browser, you could disable javascripts in IE, then you would not get those, but no idea, if AOL would work. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.