MJ Registry watcher?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by notageek, Jul 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notageek

notageek Registered Member

2. tImEwArP

tImEwArP Guest

I won't be the first to download it. I couldn't find a thing on it through Google. Not very encouraging. I never download stuff like that from an unknown site. Who knows what it could contain.

3. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

4. notageek

I'm not going to try it either. LOL :) I was just wondering if anyone tried it. I'm happy with what I use.

5. Amerk_5

Amerk_5 Registered Member

I've been using it for about a week now without any problems. It's just as light as Startup Monitor, there's no impact on system resources.

One thing I've noticed is that it takes a few seconds to notice the change if I add or remove a startup entry before it asks me if I want to allow the change.

I'd definitely recommend it if you're looking for a light & configurable registry monitor.

6. Infinity

Notageek, what do you use for this??

7. notageek

Well I take it that this program is a start up monitor like program so I use the teatimes that comes with Spybot s&d 1.3. I also use SSM's registry protection. They seem to work when it comes to something whating to install a start up command into your registry. I think the other programs that monitor the registry is a a waste of money.

8. Infinity

OK, ssm is perfect for reg protection.

thanx for answer

9. notageek

You're welcome.

10. tImEwArP

tImEwArP Guest

Regprot isn't too shabby either, for reg monitoring. But i use Teatimer myself.

11. notageek

Yeah RegProt is good if you're not using windows xp. ;) If you're using windows xp there might be a conflict. Atleast there was one whyen I tried it on XP.

12. Infinity

both are right, imho if you have ssm you do not need regprot, but you guys allready knew :D

I have regrun it is nice too.

13. tImEwArP

tImEwArP Guest

Sadly i cannot use the reg protection and other plug-ins in SSM. They cause my computer to freeze when i try to activate them. Maybe it's cause i still use Windows ME? So i am just using Teatimer for reg protection at this time. I do like SSM for its application firewall though, that works very well on my system.

Regrun looks like a great program, but seems like it is somewhat too complicated for me to figure it all out. Plus it's not a freebie! And i just gotta have my freebies. :D

14. Infinity

:cool: I know how it feels like. I consider it as a investment. (only long term subscriptions) not yearly... (the best after free ones ;) )

sorry to see ssm freezing on your machine. maybe some software setup??

could be you allready had this going on a previous thread so excuse me if you are...

regrun is very very very newbie friendly. it took me one hour :eek:

bye

15. zcv

zcv Registered Member

Yes. My understanding is that SSM was primarily designed for XP, especially the plug-ins.

Regards - Charles

16. mymyre

mymyre Guest

Me too SSM was freezing, with Win98SE
    So I install the 193b2 version and no more problem !
    Try it, works great !

17. tImEwArP

tImEwArP Guest

Hi Mymyre

Could you post a link to that version (1.9.3 b2) of SSM? I can't find it anywhere. Thanks.

18. mymyre

mymyre Guest

Sorry, I don't know any site for it
    I just kept all versions on cds

I could email it to you if you want
    But how ? and where ?

19. tImEwArP

tImEwArP Guest

Well thanks Mymyre. It was very nice of you to offer, but i guess i'll just keep my current version of SSM (V 1.9.4 b1). Seeing where neither of us is a registered member here, it would be too difficult. I am happy with the app monitoring only part of SSM anyhow. I can use other programs, like Teatimer, Regprot ect.. if i need reg protection. Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.