mistakenly purchased 2 ESS lic in July - refund denied

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by pojispear, Oct 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pojispear

pojispear Registered Member

long time user of NOD32, purchased two licenses in July but i guess there was also two lic for ESS in the cart and i was charged for both. never used the lics or even downloaded ESS

i sent this message to eset customer support

Sent: Friday , October 24, 2008 02:58 am PDT (GMT-07:00)
    Subject: mistakenly ordered two sets of licenses in July 2008

Hi, I mistakenly ordered two sets of licenses in July 2008. I have not installed or used the two lic for ESS (below).

Could you refund me $69.99 ? In this same order, I ordered two lic for NOD32 and am using both now. Thank you
    Your order no. 142-SOxxxxxx July 11, 2008

i just got this reply:

An ESET Customer Care Representative has updated this case with the following information:

~Private correspondence removed per TOS. - Snap~

i can understand this position if i downloaded it, or tried it out but i did neither. I'm sure eset can verify this. any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2008
  2. kC_

kC_ Registered Member

why did it take you 3 months to realise this? you should of contacted them immediatley

3. pojispear

True, my business acct was a bit busy and i didn't notice it. But i think it's easy for them to verify that those licenses were never registered or used. It's also easy for them to verify i've renewed 2 lics a year with them for 4 or 5 years, so i do have customer loyalty.

Just a little disappointed, especially when it appears as two separate charges. I clearly did not submit two orders, i remember pressing back and removing the ESS lics before processing my order, but it appears as two separate charges on my checking acct.

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

If you can send me details of the order (sales order numbers, license information and so forth) I can check with ESET's U.S. sales department on this.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

5. pojispear

Thank you sir, i'll do it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.