Mission Accomplished! (FD-ISR & WINDOWS 7)

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by pandlouk, Feb 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nme

nme Registered Member

oops, I had My Documents folder anchored and now it is gone when I booted back to my main XP snapshot. How do I get it back??

2. charincol

charincol Registered Member

All of your files should be under a folder called Windows.old. When they were anchored and you created an empty snapshot, your Documents folder became visible in the new snapshot. Therefore Windows 7 treated it like a previous Windows install and moved everything into the Windows.old folder. You will probably need to move everything to a separate hard drive, partition, or USB drive boot back into XP and move it back. I do not anchor files on my C: drive because my Documents folder is always moved to separate drive or partition so I can't tell you if FDISR will anchor files correctly between XP and Win7.

I have used FDISR to successfully transfer everything in a person's Documents folders from XP or Vista to Win7 by anchoring the folder before creating the empty snapshot. Then all I had to do was show them where all their documents, videos, pictures, music, etc were and show them how to copy them into the appropriate folders in Win7. Then, later, FDISR can be completely uninstalled from within Win7 (including the old OS snapshot).

This works for most people since they let all their programs save and download everything into the default Document folders. Makes upgrading a breeze when they only have one partition on their drive.

3. pinso

pinso Registered Member

I m really interested in installing FD, i downloaded the Vista Recovery Disc, booted from CD/DVD Drive and selected :
    • Option
    • Select Command Prompt
    • F:\boot\bootsect /nt60 c:
      [*]Nothing happened: It says this cmd is not recognised as internal or external command.

When i gave the dir cmd: the Disc contains folder ie.,
    • Proram files
    • User
    • Setup.exe
    • Sources
    • Windows
    I was under X:/Sources/
    so do i h' to give X:/Sources/boot\bootsect /nt60 c:
    or do i h to enter the E: or F: CD/DVD Drives then give F:\boot\bootsect /nt60 c: cmd....o_O?:doubt:

Edited:
    Fixed it:

where
    is the default folder when we click the CMD PROMPT for RESTORE.
    thanks to houaus :: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=233932&page=3
    for the detail guide to installing FD.
    Too bad i m on another PC, i could show the Snapshot to prove. i still think their should be another FD compatible for Win7,,,, what say!:blink:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.