Missing Mouse Pointer!!! Please Help

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ec21042, Sep 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ec21042

ec21042 Registered Member

Using TI 8 Build #937, I was able to create a bootable rescue CD and an image of my C drive on Dell 8400 (P4 3.0 GHz, 2GB Ram) running Window Media Center 2005. I was able to boot from a rescue CD. Only problem is that mouse is NOT working. The mouse pointer is MISSING and I couldn't do anything but turned the computer off. I tried two mice with the same result. Please help me!

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello ec21042,

Is it a USB mouse? If so, enter your Dell's BIOS setup and see if there is a setting named "Enable Legacy USB", "Enable USB Mouse" or similar? In which case set it to "Enable" and see what happens.

Regards

Last edited: Sep 27, 2005
  3. ec21042

ec21042 Registered Member

Hello, Menorcaman. Yes, it is USB mouse connected to my computer via PS2 adapter. I fixed the problem by removing the adapter and directly connecting the mouse to one of the USB ports.
    Thank you for your reply.

4. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Well, that's exactly the opposite of what I would have expected to fix the problem. I would have thought that you needed to connect via the PS/2 port which you reported didn't work. Oh well, computer Gods work in mysterious ways. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.