Missing "Mount Archive" in BR2012Free

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by ParaFree, Jan 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ParaFree

ParaFree Registered Member

[SOLVED] Missing "Mount Archive" in BR2012Free

Hello:

Newbie here. Happy New Year ! :)

Downloaded BR2012Free and installed on Win7Pro/64; created a full system disc backup using an external USB drive (actually an internal SATA drive via USB adapter). Took only 10 minutes to create the backup. Was able to verify integrity (which took almost the same amount of time). (Compressed archive size is 12GB.)

But, although the archive is already listed in the database, could not find an option to MOUNT the archive. Shutdown, and moved the SATA drive to a motherboard SATA port. Reboot, try again. No dice.

So ... I am not seeing a way to mount the archive I created. Anyone else have this issue in the 2012 Free version ? (The manual for this version clearly indicates this feature and the instructions.)

TIA.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  2. ParaFree

[SOLVED] Missing "Mount Archive" in BR2012Free

I solved my own problem :) So here is the "solution" for any/all other newbies.

And also a suggestion for Paragon to add a feature ...

It appears that an archive can be mounted *ONLY* if it contains a single partition, and it does *NOT* contain a complete system image, which in Win7 also contains the 100MB SystemReserved partition.

It shouldn't be too hard for Paragon to add a feature whereby the partitions inside the archive can be accessed individually (they seem to be separately checked and written during the backup process).

(Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.)

3. ParaFree

I was unable to change the title of the OP to pre-pend "[SOLVED]" to it ... could a moderator do that so that it is reflected in the main page of threads ? TIA.

4. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

Re: [SOLVED] Missing "Mount Archive" in BR2012Free

Sometimes, not always. Usually the system partition is also the boot partition.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.