Missing browseui.dll

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by bamaman66, Aug 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bamaman66

bamaman66 Registered Member

I am missing browseui.dll on my laptop and I cannot finish booting up. The welcome screen comes up and then a message that I am missing the dll and will have to reinstall it to proceed. Is there a solution to this problem without resorting to using my recovery disc and wiping out everything?

2. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

What is your O.S.

Can you boot to safe mode and search your HD to look for possible back-up file.
    (depending on your O.S./original installation, there may be backup in directory \servicepackfiles

3. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Did a Google. The .dll can also be downloaded from several sites on line. use due dillagence and scan it. Then if you can boot into safe mode you should be able to place it in its proper directory.

4. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Yes, there are sites where such files can be downloaded, but would prefer if the file could be found first on users PC, and the facts that
    is sometimes overlooked. I could always upload this file myself if one cannot be found on "bamaman66" system (at least then we would know the file is sound)

5. bamaman66

bamaman66 Registered Member

I fixed the problem. I downloaded one on my pc and went into device manager and installed it on my laptop.

6. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Good to hear :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.