Mirror Server Updates Question.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by TVCC_NSA, Apr 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TVCC_NSA

TVCC_NSA Registered Member

I'm running the latest client on Server 2003 R2, with the Remote Administration piece and Mirror Server piece installed. For a few days we recieved no updates, I didn't notice since normally NOD is so stable and error free I just forget to check on it. Apparently, we had a power outage and the server was restarted, no one had logged back into the machine, when I logged into the machine, the local client loaded and immediately downloaded the latest updates, shortly after that my client machines started to get the update. This concerns me. Do I need to log into the NOD server after every restart for it to download updates? I thought that NOD would run as a service.

Am I way off here?

Thanks

2. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    It is automatic...doesn't require a manual check if you reboot the server, this being based on my dozens of enterprise edition installs to clients. I think I've only seen it "stall" once on a client server..and that server I did not install fresh from scratch, it was a pre-existing one I took over..and in the beginning..the server was a bit wobbly. Needed a lot of grooming to keep it stable.

On some servers, depending on their "health"...sometimes software, no matter what software it is, can act up on you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.