Minor bug with V3

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by frogfoot, Sep 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frogfoot

frogfoot Registered Member

Today I installed new scanner drivers and software, (with PG exe protection turned off). Then turned on PG exe protection and rebooted, the usual bunch of 'allow' dialogue boxes duly popped up and all was well. I then checked the alert log screen and noticed one of the apps required a global hook. The application name in the alert screen was strange, INSTAN~1.EXE (long filename support I expect) however the problem was that when I highlighted the line in the alert window, and clicked on the 'Allow Global hook' button it didn't grey out as expected, It did seem to apply the change to the application though.
    not a big problem I know but I thought I would mention it.
    Bye for now
    Tom

2. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Ok thanks for mentioning that, should be an easy fix. Can't believe programmers are still using those old dos based filenames though. :)

3. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

This probably falls in the same category - after manually adding an application, no entries are highlighted in the Protection list but the checkboxes can still be checked/cleared (with seemingly no effect). It would be better if the new entry was highlighted (allowing for immediate adjustment) and the checkboxes were greyed out when no entry is highlighted.

4. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

This has also been fixed, thanks for spotting it. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.