MiniTool ShadowMaker 2.0 - The Backup Software

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by V3nuo, May 30, 2018.

1. V3nuo

V3nuo Registered Member

Thank you so much for your feedback, will do effort to provide you with more great functionality.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  2. V3nuo

V3nuo Registered Member

Sure, will be excited to hear from you soon. Feel free to feed back and put forward to advice and suggestion. Thank you!

3. V3nuo

V3nuo Registered Member

Hi again, what did you do to your HD, how could it turn invisible? The team may help you solve the problem. Would you mind telling me more about these details? Thank you!

4. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

It's been a while but, as best as I recall, I wanted to make a startup but MTSM did not list my USB HD as a place to set-up a startup.

5. V3nuo

V3nuo Registered Member

OK, I will send up a flare when the team get it done. Thank you.

6. JohnBurns

JohnBurns Registered Member

I am trying Minitool Shadowmaker Free and so far, I like what I see. It is really easy to set up. It didn't seem to take a lot of time and resources making my Windows backup. I like having the Boot Menu at startup. Will try it for a while - making daily incremental backups and see how it goes. Appreciate having it available - hopefully it will be a "keeper", and maybe go Pro. At this point, I know I'm overdoing it with backups, but should be protected. Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  7. V3nuo

V3nuo Registered Member

8. V3nuo

V3nuo Registered Member

Hi John,

So glad that you like MiniTool ShadowMaker. Here's a good chance for you to get free MiniTool ShadowMaker personal pro version. Just grab it.
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/thr...er-giveaway-2018-now-open-for-entries.406117/

9. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I had previously installed it, but I would get an error when I opened it. I ran the installer from the giveaway and now ShadowMaker would run, but I was not given the option to register and activate it. I installed it again, and this time when it launched, I was able to enter the product key and activate it.

I would like to have the option to backup more than one drive. I can do this with AOMEI Backupper, as an example.

10. V3nuo

V3nuo Registered Member

Hi there,

You can just find the activation key in the Readme.txt, which is attached along with the zip file.
    Please note that you have to install and activate it before the giveaway offer for the software is over.

As for your backup option, we can do as what other software does.

If you want to backup more than one drive, you can just create multiple backup tasks at the same time.

Each of those backup tasks will have a corresponding drive, so that the users will quickly and easily restore them. Thank you!

11. V3nuo

V3nuo Registered Member

Hi, MiniTool is having a giveaway with GOTD, please just check it out. Thank you!
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/thr...er-giveaway-2018-now-open-for-entries.406117/

12. V3nuo

V3nuo Registered Member

13. V3nuo

V3nuo Registered Member

14. roger_m

I know that and I used it to activate ShadowMaker. However after installing ShadowMaker from the zip file, I did not get the option to run it as a trial, or activate the Pro version. It just automatically ran as the free version and there was no option within the software to activate it. When I installed it again, I was given the option to activate it.

With regard to multiple backup tasks, do I have to run one task and then manually run the other backup task, when the first one has finished? Or can I select both tasks at once and get ShadowMaker to automatically run the second task, when the first one completes?

15. pb1

pb1 Registered Member

I has bootmenu capability, thats good. How about speed, fast in doing backups or restoring compared to other programs like it?

16. V3nuo

V3nuo Registered Member

So glad to hear from you so soon again, when you run the file, it will automatically uninstall your previous MiniTool ShadowMaker that installed on your computer. Or you can just manually clean registry and then install the giveaway edition.

With regard to multiple backup tasks, it does will automatically run the second task, when the first one completes. Thank you.

17. roger_m

That's great, I'll give it a try.

18. V3nuo

V3nuo Registered Member

Hi there, any other programs you have used before? Thank you!

19. pb1

pb1 Registered Member

Aomei, EaseUsToDo and Macrium reflect.

20. JohnBurns

JohnBurns Registered Member

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  21. pb1

pb1 Registered Member

Well, installed it and did a systembackup that took 3min 30sec for 11GB and saved it to D: . Fairly fast. But could not restore to the same disk as the copy was saved on?! Saving to external is a must.

I want the option to save to internal AND external. EaseUS free has that, AND a bootmenu option. Just a bit slower.

22. V3nuo

V3nuo Registered Member

You're welcome.

23. V3nuo

V3nuo Registered Member

Thank you, plz feel free to feed back anytime.

24. paulderdash

paulderdash Registered Member

Installed from the GOTD link, but I have no license code ... so it's a trial version?

Edit: This was while the offer was still active.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  25. V3nuo

V3nuo Registered Member

Hi again,

Sorry for the late reply, but you can't restore the system backup to the same disk as the copy was saved on. If there's any other software that can do this, please let me know. Thank you!

Usually, the destination path for the image file storage can be an external hard drive, internal hard drive, USB drive and NAS.
    And there's a bootmenu option with the program as the User Manual states.

Let me know if there's any other question, thank you!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.