Migration to NOD32

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by alpaje, Jul 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alpaje

alpaje Registered Member

Greetings,

Dear all, i am planning to switch over to NOD32 ver 3.0 in a few weeks time from Symantec AV version 8.x

I am planning to install NOD32 RAS & RAC (in 1 server) at a new server and will start to deploy NOD32 from there. Now come the headache part, I have about 150 workstations, and each of this workstation has inplaced a Symantec AV Client. So I figure i may need to uninstall each SAV from these workstations before i can install NOD32.

Before i start to do this, i thought it would be good to check with you guys whether there is a better way of deploying NOD32 to an existing symantec environment.

Your advice/help is very much appreciated. Thanks

2. Capp

Capp Registered Member

You are on the right track already.

You DO need to make sure to uninstall Symantec from all the workstations before doing an install of NOD32 or you will run into a lot of problems.

I believe, don't quote me, that with the latest version of Symantec Corporate Edition, you can push uninstalls as well, so if that is an option, it would save you a lot of time. Pardon me if I'm incorrect, I have not used Symantec products in many years. Here is an article that has some useful info though: http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/locutus/how-to-silently-and-remotely-remove-symantec-antivirus-14625

HTH :)

3. alpaje

alpaje Registered Member

Hi thanks for yr advice and uninstallation link.

Look like i have to do it workstation by workstation. I cant uninstall every workstation for fear of a virus attack at that particular moment during migration.

Thanks again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.