MigrateEasy "Error Disk NOt found" problem

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by alto-pete, Dec 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alto-pete

alto-pete Registered Member

I get this message after selecting a USB HDD to clone my computer's HDD to - after the program enters the reboot phase - it saw the USB drive in the first phase so how come it 'loses' it here?
    Thanks for any clues

Peter

2. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I can't confirm w/USB. But a couple times I got that error. I uninstalled AME then reinstalled it. Presto Chango at least for me.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Peter,

Thank you for choosing Acronis System Transferring Software.

Please accept my apologies for the delay with the response.

Could you please clarify what moment you have received this error message at?

Whether you have tried to clone your hard drive from under Windows or using Acronis Bootable Rescue Media?

If you have tried to clone from under Windows then please create such a media and try to perform this operation using it. Please also let me know the results.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

4. mskuma

mskuma Guest

Hi

I just found the same issue - trying to clone my internal drive to my external HD connected via USB. The error occurs almost immediately after 'checking partition' progress message appears (this is in the post-reboot stage: running ME in the DOS area after WinXP starts up). I've tried this with another ext HD & found the same issue - rather annoying.

I hope there is some solution - until then I can't clone my internal drive...

Regards

Michael.

5. Acronis Support

Hello Michael,

Thank you for choosing Acronis System Transferring Software.

Please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists then enable logging by running the Acronis drivers installation package once again, reproduce the problem and collect the c:\snapapi.log file.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected file to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.
    Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

6. mskuma

mskuma Guest

Thanks for your help. I tried what you suggested - without & with log and got the same error result. I've mailed support a log file.

7. Acronis Support

Hello Michael,

Could you please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? I will find out how the investigation of your issue is going.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

8. mskuma

mskuma Guest

Thanks for your interest to follow this issue - this number is #458022.

I've run the report tool & tried to run another tool (devicetree) unsuccessfully. It was suggested I need to run a chkdsk, but this hasn't resolved the issue.

9. Acronis Support

Hello Michael,

As I can see, our support engineer Dennis Kurochkin is already working on your issue.

Could you please create Acronis Report once again after the disk checking and send it as a reply to the last message from Dennis? We need it for the further investigation.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

10. mskuma

mskuma Guest

In case anyone is following this - I could clone only if I did it via a bootable rescue disk. This is odd since it has worked before from Windows-reboot stage. Seems like something has 'set off' this behaviour. The only thing I can think of is installation of antivirus and anti-spyware software.. is ME that sensitive? Anyway - bootable works.. Thanks.

11. Acronis Support

Hello Michael,

Probably some of your antivirus or anti-spyware software locks the access of Acronis Migrate Easy 7.0 to your hard drive.

I can offer you to temporarily uninstall this software and see whether Acronis Migrate Easy 7.0 detects your hard drives.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

12. mskuma

mskuma Guest

I am not sure how the anti-virus or spyware program locks the drive when the locking is occuring at the ME-initiated reboot stage (before windows starts) i.e. where the acronis program is supposed to do the actual copying. Isn't this reboot stage a dedicated workspace for Acronis where no other software can intervene? There is no problem detecting the source & destination drives during the setup process in Windows - so there is no apparent interference from the AV software there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.