migrate Windows Server2003/Exchange 2003 machine to new hardware

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jshide, Apr 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jshide

jshide Registered Member

I want to know if I can use Acronis True Image to migrate my Windows Server 2003/Exchange machine to new hardware. By migrate, I mean totally replace the machine. After I put the data on the new machine the old machine will be retired. Is there a way that I can image my old machine from a boot disk (not in windows) so that exchange and active directory will not be interfered with? I am willing to unplug this server from the network and and shutdown my other DC and all other machines on the network so that there will be no discrepencies while I transfer the data from the old server to the new server. How do I get acronis to look for new hardware when I am restoring the image on the new server? Will this work?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jshide,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Please note that you will be able to accomplish this task with Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows. Please be aware that in order to transfer your Windows system to a different hardware we may recommend you to use Acronis Universal Restore. Acronis Universal Restore allows you to add drivers during restore, enabling their maximum compatibility with the hardware. You can specify drivers to be used by the restored system, including Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) and HDD controller drivers, and/or provide a path to a driver repository on the network. Additional information can be found in the Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows User Guide. We may also recommend you to check Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows FAQ article. It describes how to deploy the image of Windows system to different hardware.

Please note that Acronis Universal Restore is an optional program feature. It should be purchased separately.

You can download Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows trial version in order to check how the product works.

If you would like to order your software before the trial period ends, please visit the Acronis online store or contact sales@acronis.com. If you have any pre-sales questions, please contact us at info@acronis.com.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.