Migrate Hard

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by kdfuller, Aug 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kdfuller

kdfuller Registered Member

I've had an incredibly hard time getting a new hard drive going for my laptop. I heard good things about Acronis and when I saw Migrate Easy, it seems just what I was looking for to move my 60GB drive to a new 160.

I bought two 160 drives (Western Digital, Scorpio, WD1600BEVE) so one could go in my laptop the other a hot backup. Ran ME on the first. Seemed to run fine. Put new drive in system and it wouldn't boot, complaining of a corrupt system file. Tried the 2nd drive. Also seemed to go fine, but booting from there hung looking for an exe it couldn't find or couldn't launch. In both cases, the drives would work fine as second drives plugged into the USB line.

Tried again with the 1st drive and seemed to get a working system. However, over the last two days I've been running the new disk, my system will no longer come back from stand by mode, won't boot reliably, won't even shut down all the time.

Needless to say, I've gone back to the original drive.

I don't know if I've got two bad drives, or ME has caused the problems, or there's some user error involved. If I need to return the drives, I need to do it soon.

thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.