Migrate Easy Freezes on Reboot

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by Gt2n0me2, Aug 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gt2n0me2

Gt2n0me2 Registered Member

I started the migrate process using all the auto options, the correct old and new drives were selected. I have window 98SE. When the computer rebooted (as this was required to start the process), all I see is a black screen with Acronis Migrate Easy and then a blinking cursor. It never goes any further, I let it run for 7 hours and nothing ever changed. Now I can't get back into Windows, it continually goes back to this. How do I stop the program so I can get back into Windows??

2. SemiAuto40

SemiAuto40 Registered Member

I had many problems gettting my WindowsXP laptop to make True Image 11 to clone a hard drive as it states it will. Tried several times and have just got it to work by following below:

-Create boot disk by using Acronis True Image 11 and left in CD drive.
    -Shut down laptop and external drive case.
    -Took existing drive to clone out of laptop and plugged into a USB drive enclosure.
    -Put new drive into laptop.
    -Booted up laptop by using F12 upon boot up to use CD drive with acronis disk.
    -Used Acronis (carefully) to clone the external USB drive to destination drive now in laptop. NOTE: tried all of this with drives in other positions did not work. like Tech support said it would.
    -When True Image is complete shut down and turn off external drive.
    -Reboot normally using newly cloned hard drive that was placed in laptop.

This may not be your problem but blinking cursor was what happened after I thought I had cloned my hard drive by following program and tech support instructions.

3. Gt2n0me2

Gt2n0me2 Registered Member

This is what tech support has told me to do:
    Ilya: Please use the following instructions on creation of the bootable CD.
    Ilya: - Download the http://download.acronis.com/sl/fvpb...TrueImage8101_multiparam_Standard_english.iso file
    Ilya: - Download the http://download.imgburn.com/SetupImgBurn_2.4.2.0.exe file and install the ImgBurn application from it
    Ilya: - Insert a blank unformatted CD into the CD/DVD device
    Ilya: - Run the ImgBurn application
    Ilya: - Select "Write image file to disc"
    Ilya: - Choose the downloaded TrueImage8101_multiparam_Standard_english.iso file as source file
    Ilya: - Select the CD/DVD device with a blank unformatted CD inserted as destination
    Ilya: - Proceed writing
    Ilya: After that please boot from the created CD, click Tools -> Clone Disk -> Manual mode
    Ilya: and proceed with cloning.

i did that and it successfully cloned the drive but I am still stuck in the continuous loop where my first clone try got stuck. The computer reboots and displays a black screen with the words "Acronis Migrate Easy" and a blinking cursor. Still no luck so far.:mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.