Migrate Easy: does not detect my RAID

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by intenso, May 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. intenso

intenso Registered Member

Referring to a previous problem:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=97164

I have 2 WD raptors connected to NVidia nforce 4 motherboard (ASUS A8n-sli-deluxe) in RAID0. I have 1 SATA drive (320GB) connected too.

I wish to transfer the partition from the RAID0 to the 320GB Drive.

When i load up Migrate easy, it detects 3 drives instead of 2 (i.e. does not detect the RAID but sees it as 2 small drives).

I have googled everywhere with no avail, customer support said that 'it should be supported within the linux part of the bootup'... but it doesn't.

Perhaps they were referring to people with proper hardware raid but mine is sort of half hardware/half software.

I'm sure you guys must support this because 99% of non-server RAID is onboard like this...

Thanks in advance,
    Nick

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Nick,

Thank you for choosing Acronis System Transferring Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please be aware that all the functionality of Acronis Migrate Easy is included into Acronis True Image software. Please also note that the current version (build 619) of Acronis Migrate Easy 7.0 is based on the same engine as Acronis True Image 8.0 (build 937), that is why this version has the old set of drivers and creates Acronis Bootable Recsue CD with this set of drivers.

Actually, Acronis has not decided to develop Acronis Migrate Easy further yet. So we can recommend you to to download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home (build 3633) and create new Acronis Bootable Rescue CD using it to see whether the software works with your hardware properly.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.