Migrate Easy - cloning IDE drive to RAID 1

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by DarrylPope, Oct 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarrylPope

DarrylPope Registered Member

On a Windows 2003 Server. The only drive is a single 30Gb IDE drive.
    I installed an Adaptec 1210SA RAID controller and created a RAID 1 array with two 250Gb SATA hard drives.
    Windows disk management recognizes the array as a single volume of 233Gb of unallocated space.
    I want to clone the existing IDE drive to the array and then remove the orginal drive from the server. When I ran Migrate Easy 7.0 (auto option) it recognized the source drive C: but it recognized the individual drives in the array as D: and E: and asks to select the destination. I choose d: and after the long cloning process finished there was an error msg. "Failed to synchronize the hard disk 0 with the operating system".
    I removed the orgininal hard drive and booted the server from the RAID drives. Windows 2003 server starts to load but after a few seconds the machines restarts itself.

I didn't think I needed to use SYSPREP because Windows 2k3 server recognized RAID array.

any thoughts?
    Thanks,
    Darryl Pope

Last edited: Oct 10, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.