Migrate Easy and Ontrack with DDO

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by remaker, Apr 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. remaker

remaker Registered Member

I have a 200G hard drive. My BIOS only sees 8G. I prepared the drive with MaxBlast 4 (OnTrack DDO) and the XP installer crashed over and over again.

Finally, I wiped the drive, reinstalled with a 20G partition (and also DDO, so the whole drive can be recognized) and installed XP successfully.

Now, it worked. But now I wanted to resize it to fit the whole 200G. But I don't have any DDO resize tool.

So I struck on a nefarious idea: I used Migrate Easy to copy the parition to an 80G drive, and then I copied the 80G drive back to the 200G drive. And it worked!! Migrate Easy cloned a DDO drive.

But.

- CHKDSK will not run; reports it cannot run on a "RAW" drive.
    (ODDLY, the "check drive" tool in the "Tools" tab of the drive DOES work.)

- DISK MANAGEMENT reports the OLD partition layout!! Even though I have resized the partition and all of the tools show the larger partition, Disk Management does NOT. Disk Defragmenter does.

So I'm at a loss. I'm in this odd half-baked state. It seems to work fine, but I am worried about the failure of the command line CHKDSK in XP and the misreporting in Disk Management.

Seems that one of the APIs to the disk has outdated data.

How can I fix that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.