Migrate Easy 6 running for 2 days, still at 0%

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by Jon Westcot, Apr 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jon Westcot

Jon Westcot Registered Member

Hi all:

I'm trying to use Migrate Easy 6 to move the contents of my C: drive to a new drive. The current C: drive (NTFS formatted with WinXP Home) is failing and has a large number of bad sectors on it. I started the migration process Saturday afternoon; after a reboot, the migration process began and appears to still be running, even though it's still at 0% completion.

Is this possible? Can it still really be running and have not completed even 1% of the transfer in 48-plus hours? The original drive is a 30 GB IBM drive and the new drive is a 40 GB Western Digital drive.

Is there any way to have Migrate Easy display a bit more information on the screen as it processes? Like, for example, the sector number it is currently reading? I'm willing to forgo the time invested in the current process if I can restart it and have it give me more information as it processes.

NB: I failed to mention previously that I am using Build 404, which I believe is the "latest and greatest" version of Migrate Easy 6. If not, and if a newer version might solve the above-mentioned problem, I would once again be willing to end the current migration process, install the new version, and try it again.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Jon

Last edited: Apr 5, 2005
  2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Jon Westcot

Welcome to Wilders and Acronis Forums.

NO it is not possible to have been running that long a not have transferred any Data.

Are you trying to Migrate in Windows?

If so? I would advise you to make a BootDisk and then boot from it and try to Migrate with it.

Can you check to see if the HDD is set as a Basic Disk and not as a Dynmaic Disk?

Dynamic Disks are not supported.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.