Microsofts EMET 3.5

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Shankle, Mar 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shankle

Shankle Registered Member

I am running ESET SS.
    Windows 7 64-bit Pro with all the goodies.

Why would I need Microsoft EMET?
    I appears to be very complicated.
    What would it do for me?
    Does it interfere with Eset SS?

2. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hey Shankle

No personal experience with Emet , but here is a description of what it is supposed to do: The Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET) is a utility that helps prevent vulnerabilities in software from being successfully exploited. EMET achieves this by using security mitigation technologies. These technologies function as special protections and obstacles that an exploit author must defeat to exploit software vulnerabilities. These security mitigation technologies do not guarantee that vulnerabilities cannot be exploited. However, they work to make exploitation as difficult to perform as possible. In many instances, a fully-functional exploit that can bypass EMET may never be developed. Source: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2458544/en-us Besides Ess, and backup software I find Sandboxie a much better and easier choice than Emet. (Side note: As far as I know Sandboxie are using less ram than Emet,not that is a crucial vector )

Regards, Janus

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  3. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Microsoft's EMET provides an additional layer of vulnerability protection for the operating system and applications.

I have installed EMET 3.5 on systems running Microsoft Windows 7 and Microsoft Windows 8 x64 along with ESET Smart Security 6 and not noticed any compatibility issues or problems. The two programs seemed to worth together without any additional configuration.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.