Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error! SAV client fails to start

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Esraa Almahi, May 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Esraa Almahi

Esraa Almahi Registered Member

when i want to do any change in ESET Endpoint antivirus, i receive the error message "Eset GUI has stopped working: runtime error", i uninstalled the antivirus and installed it again but the problem is still there

2. Esraa Almahi

Esraa Almahi Registered Member

i faced this error and i searched for a solution here but i couldn't find it, now i found the solution posted by Davidatwork in other website, and it worked for me beautifully i will share it with you...
    For the sake of those you may have this problem in the future, here are the steps that corrected my issue:

• Go to a command prompt and run wbemtest
    • Click the Connect button
    • Replace root\default with root\securitycenter and click Connect
    • You will be returned to the original screen, now click the Enum Classes button, leave the Superclass info box that appears as is (empty) and click OK
    • On the Query Results screen, highlight AntivirusProduct and choose the Delete button.
    • Close the Query windows and exit wbemtest
    • Now either reinstall or repair Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition

Interesting note, in my case when I re-entered the wbemtest after fixing my problem, the AntivirusProduct class no longer existed, even after a reboot. I can only guess this was a remnant of an older ESET AV product or some other software package placed it there and it was causing a conflict with ESET AV.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.