Microsoft Ships Internet Explorer 8 Browser

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ronjor, Mar 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Birdman

Birdman Registered Member

Anyone else getting a white box with a red "X" where images and/or thumbnails appear in a post? This doesn't happen all the time but I'm starting to see if a lot using IE8.

I have reset IE8 settings and even disable Ad Muncher filtering and my AV protection to see if that was causing it but I'm still having this issue.

Any suggestions?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
  2. RAD

RAD Registered Member

I don't know why, but I have noticeably fewer red X's for pictures under IE8 than IE7. In either, i can right click the X and choose "Show Picture", but I donm't know why some show automatically and some don't.

Mauybe this has to do with a security setting in IE itself ?....having to do with allowing 3rd party content. But I definitely don't know the details.

3. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I don't notice any here at all... not sure what the problem is.

4. shux

shux Registered Member

After I installed IE8, it took me a long time to open Explorer (My Computer, especially). Also, it takes a while longer than usual to open programs that require administrative rights. IE 8 also takes very long to open (new tabs). Initially I did not suspect it was IE 8, but after doing some searching, I decided to disable Spybot's and SpywareBlaster's immunization/protection feature. Everything's back to normal for now. I'm a Firefox user in general, but I hope they get this fixed soon =(.

5. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

I intend on installing Internet Explorer 8 but not until later in the year. After reviewing member comments there appear to me some bugs that hopefully I can avoid by waiting. I am using Internet Explorer 6, Windows XP Pro, SP2, 32 bit. I probably should update to SP 3, but because of some members problems with doing so have held off. Within the next few weeks I intend on installing an 80gb hard drive in addition to the 40gb one I have and increase my memory from 250mb to 1gig. I currently have a backup with Paragon Express but have never tried the restore function. Frankly, I am scared to death to do so. Can anyone suggest anything I might do to make the update go smoothly? Any suggestions or recommendations would be most helpful and appreciated. As always I appreciate all replies and would thank you in advance.

John

6. PROROOTECT

PROROOTECT Registered Member

7. Birdman

Birdman Registered Member

Thanks for the informative links PROROOTECT! :thumb:

I tried all of their suggestions, including disabling my firewall and reinastaling Java...but still same issue.

I'm begining to think that this is IE8 related. o_O

8. Threedog

Threedog Registered Member

I tried out IE8 but found it wasn't working out good with Sandboxie so I reverted back to IE7. No I gotta watch that Microsoft don't try to sneak thru IE8 in an update.

9. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Are you using version 3.34?

I was having an issue with IE 8 RC and Sandboxie 3.35 beta. It would load IE for a second or so, and then close it.

I reported this issue to Tzuk and a new beta 3.35 was released, and it IE loads fine. Now, there's even a new beta.

Maybe you could try the beta version.

Regards

10. Threedog

Threedog Registered Member

That's what I ended up doing also, Moon. I still noticed quite a bit of lag when using the Favorites menu tho and where I really didn't find anything impressive with IE8 enough to keep it I reverted back.
    Defensewall also had the open and close problem but Ilya fixed that right up with the beta version.

11. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

I forgot to mention that, the issue I was having, between IE 8 RC and Sanboxie 3.35 beta, was related to Windows Vista SP1.

That's what Tzuk solved. If anyone, and it seems a some users were also, is having this problem with other Windows version, then, perhaps, it should be reported to Tzuk to be fixed.

Regards

12. chrome_sturmen

chrome_sturmen Registered Member

people stil use internet explorer? where've I been o_O o_O o_O

13. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Most of the world still uses it. Where have you been indeed... ;)

14. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

I still "sometimes" use IE7. Has IE8 fixed any of the following issues?:

1. File downloads larger than 4 GB are corrupted.

2. When using a hosts file (i.e., MVPS Hosts) do you still have those sites blocked showing up in the "Back" and "Forward", thus requiring you to skip over many blocked sites to get to the previous web page?

3. Slow response of IE when using a hosts file?

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.