Microsoft Security Essentials 2.1.1116.0

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Nanobot, Jun 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

I tried it, I could perfectly fine install that v1 and even upgrade to v2.0. Then I uninstalled and tried installing v2.1 but that failed again.
    Installation through Ninite also failed, could not verify installation.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2011
  2. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

I have found what is causing the problem, it has to do something with country/language.

I can perfectly install the latest MSE 2.1 64-bit in the English language, but I can't install the Dutch language version, weird.

I checked the country/language settings in the Control Panel and it is all fine.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2011
  3. DBone

DBone Registered Member

Question for all of you MSE pros, should I keep scan archives selected, or unselect it? Does it have a huge impact on performance and safety? Just curious what you guys are doing.

4. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I haven't had an problems with the default settings yet.....

5. SAustn2

SAustn2 Registered Member

I keep all the realtime items at default the things I change are instead of doing a weekly quick scan on sunday at 2am when my computers not on I change it to a once a week full scan I also uncheck the box that says "start the scan when the computer is idle and not in use" I want to make sure it runs its scan and usually i'll be surfing and never even notice its running its scan. Also under Microsoft Spynet I joined the advanced membership to send them more information about any found malware, it says it helps them create new definitions.

The problems I have with it are 3 event viewer errors:

Event ID 3002-Microsoft Antimalware Real-Time Protection feature has encountered an error and failed.
    Feature Behavior Monitoring
    Error Code: 0x80004005

Event ID 3-Session "Microsoft Security Client OOBE" stopped due to the following error 0xC000000D

Event ID 72-Activation context generation failed for "c:\program files\microsoft security client\MSESysprep.dll".Error in manifest or policy file "c:\program files\microsoft security client\MSESysprep.dll" on line 10. The element imaging appears as a child of element urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1^assembly which is not supported by this version of Windows.

Running windows 7 x64, but the program seems to be running fine the event viewer is the only place I see these errors.

6. HKEY1952

HKEY1952 Registered Member

Install Microsoft Security Essentials Through Microsoft Update

(01) Uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials

(02) Manually Update Windows through Microsoft Update, then

(03) Manually revisit Microsoft Update and Install Microsoft Security Essentials through Microsoft Update, meaning,
    DO NOT DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL, BUT CHOOSE RUN, AND LET MICROSOFT UPDATE INSTALL MICROSOFT SECURITY ESSENTIALS FOR YOU.

HKEY1952

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  7. SAustn2

Hey thanks HKEY,:)

I didn''t even know I could install MSE through Windows Update I always just used the browser before to download it. So far so good it took care of 2 of the errors now the only left in event viewer so far is:

Event ID 3-Session "Microsoft Security Client OOBE" stopped due to the following error 0xC000000D

But thats a lot better than what is was before thank you very much for the tip!! I wish I would have came here first instead of Microsoft Answers lol.

Thanks Again,
    David

8. HKEY1952

You are Quite Welcome SAustn2

This should solve the last problem regarding the Event Viewer Error Entry:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=267187&page=2

NOTE:
    To be safe, Stop and Disable the Microsoft Antimalware Services in Services FIRST, -then Reboot the Computer.
    Make sure Hidden Files are Visable and Delete the MSSEOOBE.etl File, -then
    Re-Enable and Re-Start the Microsoft Antimalware Service again and Set It to Automatic, -then Reboot the Computer.
    The File MSSEOOBE.etl will be Recreated during Reboot.

Reference:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-stopped/387c21ed-75db-47e3-9baf-687f6c66f0eb

HKEY1952

9. SAustn2

Hi HKEY,

I have tried this fix before for the mseoobe file but I never tried it the way you describe to disable the service first. Would it be a good idea to first disable my internet access and also on Vista and Windows 7 I believe MSE comes with a NIS service-network inspection, should I also disable that service too before rebooting then deleting the msoobe file?

Thank you again for the very helpfull advice! :),
    David

10. HKEY1952

No.....Only Disable the Microsoft Antimalware Service First, -then
    Reboot, -then
    Delete the MSSEOOBE.etl File, -then
    Restart the Microsoft Antimalware Service, -then
    Reboot again.

HKEY1952

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.