Microsoft says HP's Cortana speaker is a standalone personal assistant

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by EASTER, May 31, 2017.

1. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/31/15717412/hp-cortana-speaker-features

2. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

Cortana? How many really use it? I don't miss it on my version of Windows 10.

3. plat1098

plat1098 Guest

"We’re excited about our partnership with HP and have nothing else to share at this time,” a Microsoft spokesperson said..."

Too bad Microsoft is locked into the name "Cortana," you read a lot about people who would dearly love to get it OFF their computers, never mind have a "puck-like speaker" talking Cortana on your living room table. As for IoTs in general, no way for me anyway. But thanks for the abundant info, as demonstrated in above statement.

4. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

If I need an assistant, I'll hire a human one.

Cortana can't understand what people ask of it because its not artificial intelligence according to the Turing Test.

5. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I've been using Windows 10 from the start, and have never used Cortana, not even once.

6. plat1098

plat1098 Guest

But another recent Microsoft-related innovation is admittedly mind-blowing. I thought I'd include it here because it's one serious extreme to another, right?--and I didn't know if it merited posting as a new topic Anyway, from hockey puck-sized speaker to this:

http://time.com/4800318/stratolaunch/

I got this off the News tile in the Start Menu. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.