Microsoft products disappear from Kaspersky’s top 10 most vulnerable products list

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by PJC, Sep 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

2. x942

x942 Guest

As an Android user, and maybe this is just because I am security aware (Read paranoid), I am not to worried. I use an AV (WebRoot), I use FDE (WhisperCore), I use a firewall (WhisperMonitor), I use Selective Permissions (part of WhisperCore), and I do NOT install random things in the market. The last one is easy and is key. Android needs you (90% or the time) to actually install the malware. READ the comments, reviews, ratting, description and permissions.

Also you can use the Android Emulator on Mac, windows, linux to test the app and scan it with an AV or two just to be sure. Also I would never pirate on android huge issue their.

3. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

Java and Adobe at the top of the security vulnerability list? Not worried =p Chrome takes care of Flash for me and EMET + Comodo + Mamutu all lock Java down.

Wonderful to see Windows 7 isn't at the top of the list. The fact is that I can secure 3rd party applications infinitely but I can't do too much to secure the OS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.