Microsoft Outlook Express 6.0 problem

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Charlotte Fowkes, Mar 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi,
    Any help on this would be appreciated, I have tried everything and cannot figure out what to do. On one of our computers, emails are not working. We can't send or receive....all the bodies of the emails show up or go out blank. The subject line is all there, just anything that is typed as text in the message box is blank, same with those that are received. And old messages that did have text that were saved in different files are now blank, when they weren't before. Anyone else ever heard of this/
    Thanks in advance.
    Charlotte Fowkes

2. slammer_JvA

slammer_JvA Registered Member

Below sea-level. Safe and sound behind our dikes:
    Hm... :doubt:

Hi Charlotte,
    just guessing here, but might OE be down (for some M(y)S(tic) reason again?) ;)
    I couldn't access OE either the last hour.

Regards,
    slammer

3. No, this has been going on for at least 3 weeks. I have tried reinstalling it, downloading any patches, anything I can think of short of reload the entire OS, which I don't want to do. Did I get some sort of virus that does this?? I just don't know.

4. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

I had something similar happen to my PC using Outlook Express a couple of years ago. Instead of the messages disappearing (like in your case), all of the text (in new and saved messages) looked like hyroglyphics (ex. ^(*&^#$*&)#*$(#)(*)(*#$). o_O I did a complete scan of my hard drive using a AV and found a virus lurking. :eek: I cleaned it, and never had the problem again, so I assume the virus was the culprit. Just a thought.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.